5 : Aion's Game

The Aion's Game took place in a private villa up in the mountains outside just outside of San Francisco, California. The villa – also known as the Crystal Villa is owned by Eli Frye whose grandparents gifted it to him on his seventeen birthday. The stunning $350 million dollar home is built with white metal steel frame and crystal glass. Shining like a jewel at the top of the mountain, the only access to the hidden villa is by helicopter.

                I was sitting beside Alexander Locke in our helicopter when I heard him let out a whistle through the headphones. Glancing over at the man, I could see his amazement at the sight of the Crystal Villa below us.

"Rich people sure have it nice"

                I smiled at his statement. The man makes $120 million annually and owns half of Allac – a $1.2 billion dollar company. Alex wasn't poor by any means, but money is still "new" to him. Alexander Locke lost both parents young and was raised by his grandmother. Before he turned 20, he lost his last living relative and had to work hard to finish his college degree. While making money had been many people's goals in life, Alexander Locke's ambition was to make a name for himself. People sometimes make the mistake of prioritizing money and thus lose their dignity and self-worth. Money did not change Alexander Locke because he valued himself more.

"You can build yourself this type of home if you wanted to" I teased the pretty man beside me.

"No thanks" He smirked at me.

                We both knew he prefer simpler things. Even with all the money he makes now, he still drives a Toyota. His "home" is the apartment floor built in Allac's new 32-story building headquarters. He rarely spurge on anything and when he does it's on suits. Boring right?

"Ms. Lind, Mr. Locke, we're about to land"

                Once the pilot landed, we were welcomed by staff personnel who guided us into the villa where the event took place. Apparently, we were 30 minutes late and all the guests have arrived inside. As soon as Alex and I entered the enormous main atrium, we instantly saw the raised white platform in the center of the enclosed garden space.

                Standing on the platform was Rose and a man I recognized as the VP of my father's company, Wayne Stiles. Because we arrived late, we missed the introduction to the event. Everyone have already seated and the lights in the entire space were dimmed with the sparkling light focusing only on the stage. No one took notice of Alex or me while we took the empty seats in the back table. Everyone was focused on the beautiful young woman speaking to the virtual hologram boy on stage.

"Looks like we're really late" Alex whispered to me.

"Yeah" I whispered back. "Thanks to you. Seriously, who takes 2 hours to dress? Next time, I'm going to leave without you"

"Let me remind you I didn't have to go in the first place" He smirked. "I'm here as your support"

"Well be a good support and stop giving me unnecessary lip"

                Before he could talk back, the lights suddenly filled the entire space. Turning my attention back to the stage, I saw that the game has ended. Ben Carter and Mason Banks went to stage to thank Rose Lind and Wayne Stiles for playing. After teasing the beautiful woman for losing the fifth challenge, the two men gave her a warm hug. When Rose smiled, the whole room lit up. Everyone, like always, was captivated by the beauty.

"That's your sister, right?"

                I turned to Alex, realizing it was the first time my CEO saw my older sister in person.

"Yes" I gave him a teasing smile. "Beautiful right?"

                Alex looked at me with a raised brow.

"Want me to introduce you?"

                Alex rolled his eyes and tapped my forehead without a word of respond. Meanwhile, on stage, Ben Carter called for the next challenger to step up onto the platform. When the familiar Arabic Prince stood from his table, I couldn't help but scowl.

"Let me guess" Alex leaned down and whispered with a grin. "He stepped on your toes"

                Now it's my turn to roll my eyes.

"For your information, that guy tried to outbid me on the Liebig"

"Rich people's problems sure are funny" Alex chuckled.

                I would have smacked him but the lights suddenly went out. Again, the spot light was focused on the white platform and the virtual hologram boy appeared to greet the new challenger. Observing the introduction of the game, I understood the gist of it.

                Aion's Games include seven challenges which required two players. The players will draw out seven educational subjects to complete in fifteen minutes. The rules are simple. Each challenge allows one player to participate. You can switch out players only before a challenge starts. To win, all seven challenges must be complete without fail.

"Pretty interesting"

                I agreed with Alex's observation. Watching Malik Shah and his partner played the 3D holographic game, I have to admit looked pretty fun.

"Oh! So close!"

                Malik Shah's partner lost the sixth challenge, ending their game. Ben Carter and Mason Banks once again went onto stage to thank the challengers for playing before calling up the next group.

                Another hour passed and a total of seven groups have played the Game, but the furthest any team gone was to the sixth challenge.