eighteen

200 fucking k

guys y'all are so fantastic I don't even know what to think on the bus to school this morning I started crying on the bus then I read all the comments from during my slumber and cried harder you are all so beautiful and perfect and if you promote your story on my story I will ruin you

ily why did the police officer smell? bc he was on duty ok take that how u must stay strong beautiful

fun fact: during the dance part I was listening to a dirty song so

»

"What should we do now?"

Luke and Emma were sitting on the edge of the planters that were in front of the theater, bumping knees. He bravely sucked in a breath before reaching over and taking her hand in his, sighing in relief when she linked their fingers together. He'd asked the question because what are they supposed to do when they had no money and no other plans?

Emma shrugged, swinging her legs back and forth. "I don't know. It can't get much worse than it already has," she teased, but just as she said the words, they heard a loud crack, making Luke jump. And then it began to rain.

"Are you," Luke choked out, "kidding."

After a brief moment of them just sitting there in the drizzle, she laughed. "I'm telling you," she said, looking at him with amusement clear in her voice. "This is bad superstition but it's in the signs." She tried to hold her phone under her shirt. Luke took it from her and ran towards the covered outside booth where tickets were sold. The guy from earlier had gone in and they were the only ones out. "What are you doing, you Smurf."

Luke shrugged off his jacket, which wasn't really doing much. It wasn't cold. He tucked his and her phone inside of the material and then placed the bundle on the dry ground. Em looked at him like he was crazy. "Have you ever played hide-and-go-seek in the rain?" he smirked, and the little bells inside her head told her this was a bad idea, but since when did she listen to the damned things? She grinned, looking at him for a split second before turning around and running.

"YOU'RE IT. COUNT TO TEN, LUCAS."

Luke closed his eyes (though he would've much rather watched her run through the rain) and rested his forehead against the wall, counting to ten slowly. He wasn't a cheater. When he reached ten, he whipped around, looking for a sign of yellow. He hadn't a clue as to where she had gone, which was weird. There were, like, no spots to hide in.

He made a circle around the whole little tiny plaza, water droplets falling down and around his skin, soaking him entirely. Luke was about to give up when he heard a giggle from behind him, behind a sign that said the name of the theater. His lips curved upward in a smirk as he rounded the sign, finding her huddled behind it with her back to him. He poked her in the sides suddenly, making her jump backwards into his chest.

"Found you," he said, spinning her around so they were face to face. The rain fell down all around them and down their faces. It seemed to make her eyes pop even greener. Her hair was dripping and sticking to her cheeks, but she didn't seem to care. The yellow shirt seemed to be see through, hugging her body and curves and actually exposing her black bra in the best way.

He thought about his stupid bet and said to hell with it mentally, before moving his face close to her's. She puffed out a warm breath against his lips, despite the face that she was shaking from being soaked. Luke nudged his nose against hers, and it all seemed to add up at once in her mind, because she tensed.

With a shaky swallow, she placed her hands on his shoulders. "Now I get to find you," she mumbled hoarsely, pulling away from him and stumbling away in a hurry.

What the hell was that? Luke pushed his hair out of his eyes, slicking it back. She must not have wanted to kiss him after all. He couldn't help but feel a little hurt. Not that he didn't have a reason to. He could have sworn she wanted him as bad as he wanted her. She'd just . . . run away. He could faintly hear her counting to ten, now on three, as he struggled to find a place to hide. He found the best little shrub to duck behind before, plopping down on the wood chips.

"Ready or not, here I come!"

He could see her, though she was seemingly blind due to the rain. Emma tripped over herself multiple times, her giggle happening every time she did. He almost jumped out to keep her from falling over, but she caught herself.

She went around, walking past him more than once. He heard her humming the song from the car, though he could tell she didn't know the words. Emma crossed her arms over chest, looking around real hard before her eyes landed on the bit of blue hair from behind the bush. She ran towards him and almost slipped, but only skid a bit. He stood up and she smiled, her dimples showing up adorably. God, she looked so kissable.

"Got you," she said childishly and Luke found it harder to concentrate on anything other than kissing her. He bit on his lip, walking out of the mulch that was stuck on his ankles. Luke looked up at the sky that was still sending rain down on them with full pressure. "We should dance." Emma looked at look with this silly grin on her face and he couldn't say no.

She bolted towards their phones, pulling his out from under his jacket. He stared at her in he middle of the pouring rain, not sure whether he should stop her not. Then he realized he had a waterproof case and sighed in relief. Emma walked over to him, a song playing on the phone. She stuffed in his shirt pocket.

Some music Luke didn't know was playing in his ears and she hooked her arms around his neck. "You've never done this before, have you?" she asked, taking his hands and placing them on her waist, which he just snaked around her tightly, holding her close to him. "Now just away to the music." He could think of something else he could do to music.

Emma laughed as he struggled to figure out how to move his feet and realized this had to be the best night of her teenage years. Boys didn't just take her on dates and dance in the rain with her. They didn't have blue hair and matching eyes. Boys didn't have three friends that scheme with her. Boys never held her or called her Candyman. Luke was one of a kind and she was starting to realize how much she was really coming to like him.

Luke reached up and removed some of the hair that had clung to her cheeks. His eyes trained on hers, capturing the green and holding a heated stare. She swallowed as the lyrics of the song said just how much they loved the person it was about. They both just stopped swaying, but it felt to Luke like they were flying. They were running away from the rain and away from his damn wallet that sprouted legs and hid away.

And they only went airborne when Luke took a deep breath and kissed her.