Wattpad Original
There are 6 more free parts

🖤Ch.8 :Is It Too Soon ?

EBONY

Sighing loudly as she rolled her eyes, Ebony locked her phone before tossing it on the bed, wondering why her ex-boyfriend didn't want to leave her alone. For some reason, Jerome had been trying to get her attention for the past two days, mainly through text messages. She didn't want to change her number because of one person, so she blocked him, thinking that it would be enough, but it didn't stop him since he was now sending messages from another phone.

Not only was he messaging her all day, but he was also posting subtweets on Twitter and subliminal IG posts, clearly showing that he wasn't over their relationship, which was so funny to Ebony because he didn't care that much about the relationship when they were together. Now, all of sudden, he was missing her and shit.

She didn't have time for that.

Her focus was now on her family, friend, career and Chresanto. Since Thursday night, she couldn't get him off her mind even if her life depended on it. The kisses they shared that night were so special.

His lips were super soft and it'd been awhile since she last felt butterflies in her stomach like she did with him. He was clearly doing something to her, especially putting that goofy smile on her face that she'd been displaying since V-Day.

And today she was so happy to be able to see him since she was finally going to At Santo's to get her car fixed. She found herself impatient to see what the shop looked like, excited to see her boo in his boss mode.

Yes, he was already her boo.

She finished getting ready, making sure that no hair was wilding out the bun she took more than half an hour to do because her natural hair was being complicated. Once she was sure of that, she grabbed her coat, purse and keys, then headed out the door. She locked the front door, then took the elevator to the underground parking lot. After she settled in her driver seat, she put the address in her GPS and was soon on her way to her new destination.

As she stopped at a red light, after driving for a good twenty minutes, her phone rang. She connected the bluetooth as she turned down the music, before answering. 

"Hey, big sis ! "

"Hey, lil' sis ! " she greeted Paris back in the same enthusiastic tone. For some reason, today she was happy and nobody could change her mood, not even an annoying Jerome.

"Guess what ? "

"I don't have time for this," she told her, not even trying to have patience with her little sister. Yes, she was happy, but not here for any type of games.

Paris smacked her teeth. "You never have time for shit."

"Yeah, so I don't know why you even tried. It was nice though. So, wassup ? "

"I called Ethan ! " she finally announced, jumping around her room. Eb could hear movements, but of course she didn't know exactly what Paris was doing.

Ebony frowned a bit in confusion. "Who the fuck is Ethan ? "

"Oh my God ! You're so slow ! " She could bet on it, Paris was surely rolling her eyes and she indeed was getting a bit aggravated with her big sister. "The guy I was talking about the other day."

"Fuck you," she started, pausing for a few seconds, debating in her head on hanging up in her face or not. She finally decided to not do it since she was nosey. "Oh, so you called ? Thanks God ! So, what did y'all talk about ? "

"He didn't call me sooner because he was very busy with school. He's studying law by the way, to become a lawyer."

"Oh, you got yourself a smart dog. Congrats." The light finally turned green, after what felt like eternity.