39.

The press thankfully didn't think much of it and thought that Rosie was a friend's baby. That was a huge relief off my chest.

Its been 2 days since I've been here in Malibu by my moms side spending as much time with her. Harry has been with me the whole time except a few times he had to drive back down to LA for meetings and such.

My dad and Quinn had to go to work for a couple of hours and Harry was in the studio, so it was only me and Danny with my mom at the moment.

"How are you feeling mom?" I ask her when she wakes up.

She lightly smiles when she sees us. "Tired."

Danny helps readjust her pillow and gives her water to drink.

"Thank you." She says pulling her arm out and placing her hand on Danny's cheek.

A tear fell out of his eye, and my mom wiped it away with her thumb.

"My sweet, sweet boy." She smiles. "I'm so proud of you."

Danny grabs her hand and squeezes it. He smiles trying not to tear up again.

"I want you to be happy in life. I want you to marry Quinn, and have a beautiful life with her."

Danny nods. "I'm actually going to propose to her soon." He says smiling.

A big grin forms on my face. "Really?"

He nods digging his hand into his pocket and pulling out a small velvet box.

He opened it revealing a beautiful diamond ring. "I was going to do it earlier, but we found out about the baby, and I don't want her to think it was just because of the baby." Danny says to us

"Honey it's beautiful. Of course she won't think it's just because of the baby. The love you have for her is so strong, and I can see that whenever you guys are around each other."

He nods looking down. "I love her so much." He says closing the box.

"She would be so happy." I say being so happy for my best friend and brother. I wish I had something like they do, true love.

He smiles shyly. "I'm just very nervous."

"Don't be. Theres no way that she would say no." I reassured him, which made him smile.

"Hey Danny, I'm a little hungry. Can you get me something to eat please." My mom asked.

"Of course. I'll be back." He says leaving the room.

"So Harry has been here a lot." My mom says.

I smile small. "Yeah he has. Is that okay?"

My mom smirks. "So whats going on between you two? I saw the way he looks at you."

I chuckle. "I honestly don't know. I like him a lot, and he told me that he has feelings for me."

A big smile grows on my moms face. "Em, the way he looks at you and talk to you, I can't imagine you with anyone else. I like Harry a lot. He's very sweet, and is a very good father to Rosie."

I smile, nodding. "Yeah, he is."

She grabs my hand. "Em you know that you are the most amazing girl I've ever met, and the most amazing mother to Rosie. I'm so proud of the woman you've become."

"Awe stop it mom." I chuckle, tears streaming down my face.

"No Em. You are outstanding. I don't ever want anyone to bring you down, okay?" I nod. "I want you to stay the humble little girl that I raised, and raise Rosie to be a wonderful little loving girl."

I nod, wiping my tears. "Of course I will."

"I bought you a couple things." Danny interrupts holding a bunch of food in his arms.

-

At 4:26 AM the next morning, my mom passed away.
I was in complete and utter shock. I didn't know how to react. I didn't cry. I just stood there still as Harry pulled me into a hug. I heard the cries of my brothers and Quinn, and my dad was in the corner of the room sitting on the chair with his head in his hands.

Harry rubbed my back with one hand and caressed my hair with his other as he softly whisper to me that 'it's going to be okay' and 'I'm here for you, love.'

I felt numb. No, it was not going to be okay. My mom was gone, and I didn't know what to do. Watching them take away her body was the worst part. The look on my dads face broke me into a million pieces.

"Ready to go home, Em?" Danny asked me rubbing my shoulder.

I look up at him with a blank face. "Um not right now."

"I'll take her home, don't worry." Harry says to Danny.

Danny and Quinn and my dad left after not being able to bear it any longer. I stayed an hour longer until Harry and I left with Rosie sleeping soundly in her carriage.

The car ride was silent until Harry spoke up. "Are you okay? You've been really quiet."

I stayed looking straight ahead, shaking my head. "No, not at all."

-

So I wanted to post a chapter earlier than this, but I live in South Florida and we just had hurricane Irma. I lost power and I write all my chapters on my iPad, sooo I needed WIFI which I didn't have. The hurricane didn't cause too much damage where I live, thank god. But prayer go out to all those who were affected, not only by Irma, but hurricane (the other one that hit Houston that I cant remember it's name.... i think Harvey...?) but anyways hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll probably be writing all day today sooo maybe new chapter soon??? ;) Love you all ❤️