Back in town// A man named Asher Storms.

(I know this chapter is short but I wanted to give you all something extra until I have a longer one written out)

"What the fuck is your problem?" I yelled at Asher once I dragged him outside into the icy rain.

Asher scoffed, ignoring the fact that he was getting drenched in the rain, "My problem? What about you? What the fuck is your problem? You didn't think it was important to tell me that I have not one, but two kids?"

The statement took me off guard but I didn't let it show, "You wanted absolutely nothing to do with me. Like, at all. Over something so petty and small so I figured if you saw my name on your phone screen, you'd decline. I sent you a few letters! The boys knew about you, it's not like it was a secret."

"If it wasn't a secret then why'd you hide it from your entire family?" He asked cockily and my jaw clenched.

"That was to protect them. From being hurt by anyone or anything, physically and emotionally." I defended myself instantly. I wouldn't do anything that wasn't to protect them.

"So you think I'd hurt them?" Asher grew angrier and angrier by the second. "Seriously, Noah. You should know better than anyone that kids need both of their parents."

Ouch.

"That was a low blow, even for you Asher." My voice came out quiet and regret instantly took place of his anger. He reached for me but I held out a hand stopping him.

"Just- leave me alone. If you want something to do with the kids, fine. But you talk to me about it maturely. You don't go telling them they can do things against my wishes and take- you don't ever take my kids from me again. Or trust me when I say this," I squeezed my eyes shut, "I will kill you."

He snorted, "You can try."

Before he even realized what I was doing, I slid under his legs, knocking him down and had my foot pressed against his chest with a gun pointing directly at him.

"You really want to test me, Asher?" I growled lowly.

"I don't understand it, Noah. You were so sweet, and caring, what happened to you?"

The words escaped my mouth before I could even comprehend what I was going to answer, "A man named Asher Storms."