32|the creature

-DISCLAIMER-

I do NOT own Teen Wolf

Comment, vote, fan, and let me know what you're thinking!

----------

"I love you, too," Stiles said, his face entirely serious.

It's not what you're thinking, either.

Unfortunately.

"End of message. Now, Scott and I were talking, and I figure that the thing we're looking for is a bestiary," Stiles continued.

Allison chuckled beside me, "I think you mean beasti . . ."

"No," Stiles was quick to cut her off, "I mean bestiary. And the two of you, I don't want to know what's going on in your heads."

"Me neither," I quickly threw my hand up, holding back a laugh.

Allison pursed her lips, "Okay. Can you describe this thing?"

Stiles got back on track, readjusting his bag strap on his shoulder. "It's probably, like, a book. Old, worn . . ."

"Like, bound in leather?" Allison suggested, eyebrows raised. After Stiles nodded, Allison grinned. "I've seen my grandfather with a book like that."

Stiles eyes widened in excitement that we were actually getting somewhere with this, before realizing what that meant. He sighed, before running off to find Scott.

After he left, Allison and I turned back to our homework.

"So," Allison said, dragging out each syllable as she started to write in her notebook. "You obviously haven't told him yet."

I took a breath and put down my pen, looking up at her. "And how is it obvious?"

"Stiles is here and not avoiding eye contact."

I laughed and nodded, "Fair enough."

She continued to write in her book, beginning to ease into the topic further. "I still think you should tell him."

"I know what you think, and I also know it's not happening."

Suddenly, Stiles was leaning against the table, huffing loudly as he attempted to catch his breath. "Where does he keep it?" He managed to get out.

Allison sighed in thought, "It has to be in his office. I don't think there's any other place he would keep it."

Stiles took a deep breath, before running off once more.
I watched him run off, smiling a little. I stopped as soon as I realized that Allison had seen me staring.

She chuckled, before looking back down at her book, "You are just smitten, aren't you?" She muttered.

"No," I said a little too quickly, before hunching my back and repeating in a whisper, "No."

In just a couple of minutes, Stiles was back once more, taking a deep breath from what I could only assume was Scott's old inhaler.
"You know, drug dealers have been using disposable cell phones pretty successfully for years."

Allison shook her head, "My parents check ever call, email and text message I send. Trust me, they'd find it."

"All right. Can you get the book?"

"Not without his keys."

After remaining silent the whole time, I decided I'd chip in. "And how in the hell are we going to do that?"
What? I didn't say I had any positive thoughts to contribute.