Back in town// You can't trick me.

"You're kidding me." Rhiannon's mouth gaped and I let out a laugh and shook my no. "Dude! I want to do that!"

"No you don't." Blake, Jacob, Asher and Damien growled protectively. 

"Mommy has a boyfriend." Gabe giggled in a sing-song voice and I rolled my eyes and sipped my coffee cup before wrapping my hands tighter around the cup to warm me up. The twins had managed to convince me to let them hangout with the guys at Rhiannon's house after lunch.

"You do?" Rhiannon's eyes widened in shock. "Why wasn't I informed?"

"Fuck that, why wasn't I informed?" Stephan looked distraught. My jaw clenched at his words as the twins giggled in unison. I still haven't uttered a single word to him. He's planning something, I know he is, I know him. He hates Asher with a burning passion, but he's suddenly buddy buddy with him? 

I swear to God if he hurts Asher I will slit his throat. My thoughts shocked me, but at the same time they didn't. I never stopped caring for Asher, even though he shattered my heart into a trillion tiny pieces when he said he couldn't handle me. After that, I was completely and utterly heartbroken for months, then I found out about the twins and did whatever I could to protect them, even if it meant becoming an elite. My entire personality shifted, I didn't notice until I met with Christian again, he pointed it out and I realized it was true. I couldn't give a shit about anyone or anything besides my kids and I. I'd say just them, but if something were to happen to me they'd have no one. It's simple, I don't trust anybody and nobody trusts me. That's how it works, the old me died that night I decided to travel. 

"You know what, Stephan? I don't like your little games." I said in a cold tone and he gave me a weird look. 

"What? What are you talking about?" Stephen asked with wide eyes. 

I got to my feet, "You seem to forget that you can't trick me. You're planning something and I swear to fucking God, if you do something to Asher, the guys, Rhiannon or my family, you will regret it."

Everyone went silent and looked at me, "Babe what are you talking about-" I slapped his arm away from me.

"Don't babe me, Stephan. This is just a warning. Go near him, and you die." I said with a straight face, motioning to Asher.  I turned around and saw everyone, including Asher was stunned at my words. 

Stephan's hand connected with the side of my cheek, I felt blood trickle down my lip but I didn't react. I refused to beat the living shit out of him when my kids are around, he knows this. 

"What the fuck man?" Blake shoved him back and Rhiannon pulled me away from the two of them and checked my lip. 

"What? I don't know why the hell you're defending him after everything! I was the one who was there for you! I was the one whose shoulder you cried on over this guy, it was Carlos and I. We took you in, we were there through your whole pregnancy, hell we were there for you during your labor, I mean we weren't in the room but we were in the waiting room! Point is, we were there, he  broke you, he turned you into this cold hearted monster-" Before he could finish his sentence, my fist came flying at his jaw. 

Blood began pouring from his mouth and he looked ready to kill. I glanced over and saw Rhiannon ushering the kids inside, 

thank you Rhi. I thought to myself as Stephan threw himself on me. He knocked me down before he leaned down and got a hit on my cheek bone. I winced but ignored the pain and wiggled out from beneath him. I did a roundhouse kick and got him right in the head, causing him to fall down. 

"What the fuck is your problem, Stephan?" I shouted as he swung at me. I ducked and hit him right in the gut, knocking the wind out of him. He bent over and I took the opportunity and grabbed his head and brought it to my knee. He went to lunge at me again but Damien and Blake held him back. I felt arms wrap securely around my waist. The familiar sensation told me it was Asher. We both heaved our chests while glaring at each other from across the yard. The guys said something to him and he threw his hands up then pointed at me.

"You need to chill the fuck out." Asher stated demandingly and I scowled. 

"I don't need to listen to you." I stated matter of factly and he rolled his eyes. 

"Noah, if you care about me at all you'll stop. I know you care about me. That's what started this whole fucking thing." His words silenced me and I crossed my arms over my chest while I looked in Stephan's direction. Stephan's just jealous, I know he is. He thinks I still am in love with Asher.

You are. My subconscious told me. 

I am not. I argued.

"I'm fine." I yanked my arm away from him. Subconsciously, I found myself walking towards the guys. 

"Noah just-" Damien tried to push me away but I shoved past him and Blake then walked straight over to Stephan. He opened his mouth to speak but I grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled his mouth to mine. It took him about two seconds before his hands were on my waist, pulling me closer. 

About ten seconds later, I backed away and knitted my eyebrows together. Nothing.

"Hm." I mumbled then turned heels walked back towards Asher, his jaw was clenched and his fists were balled by his side. 

"Seriously?" He grabbed my arm as I passed him.

"Oh hon, you don't own me."