XXVIII

Through our journey, Malakei, Baja and I managed to find the spot where most of the soldiers on both sides were gathered. There were far fewer men now. Elves sprawled on the ground along with Dry Landers. So many had lost their lives and the remaining few had gathered near the blazing fire of the camp.

Baja and I took down the elves that wanted to attack Malakei and her; even multiple attempts of kidnapping me were made. This was when Malakei decided to take a metal helmet from one of the deceased Dry Landers in a way of disguising myself. This turned things around and now I was defending my life when it came into threat, along with Malakei and Baja's.

When I saw Raen, alive and well only baring a few scratches here and there; I was relieved. He looked as though he had slain many elves and taken several lives here tonight. It made me shiver in the night air before my gaze caught a gold helmet being flung off of an elven soldier.

My heart stopped when I recognised the long haired boy not much older than me. Fighting with his life.

Corrin let out a grunt as he swung the sword in his hands before striking the Dry Lander. I winced at that.

"Raen is fine." Malakei stated. "I don't know why you doubt him. He is great warrior."

My voice seemed to get lodged in my throat and all remnants of what I was going to say disappeared when my gaze followed Raen's as his eyes found Corrin's. The glint of excitement evident in his eyes as he stares down at the distracted elf fighting another. Taking in his skill and almost looking as though he was a predator moving in on his prey.

"Keylin!" Malakei screamed as my feet ran forward just as Raen ripped his axe from an elf he had just killed. His eyes remaining on his next target.

Corrin looked up. His ears quirking in Raen's direction but not yet turning around as Raen moved in for the kill.

"Raen!" I screamed but it was muffled through the screaming and metal on metal. Tears clogged my vision as Raen didn't hear me and continued on towards Corrin.

My feet continued until I was shoved forward. Stumbling slightly, the helmet being too big for my head flinging off to the side. Revealing my blonde hair and ears. Resulting in nearby elves and even Dry Landers to stop what they were doing momentarily as they watched me make my way to the centre of the battle.

"No!"

Corrin turned his head in my direction. His exterior depleting as an unreadable expression makes its way onto his features when he sees me. Raen raises his axe.

I let out a breath as I grab Raen's axe. My other hand pressing against his shoulder to stop him as I lodge myself between Raen and Corrin. Halting the blood shed that was about to happen.

I let out sharp breath as Raen makes eye contact with me momentarily, blinking in surprise before his sharp gaze turns to Corrin as the elf lifts his sword.

"Don't!" I yelp as I bring my hand from Raen's shoulder down to grab Corrin's sword with my hand. I twist around and manage to pull the sword from his grip. Throwing it to the ground beside me as I look at the boy who had been haunting my dreams for a while now. He was finally here.

Corrin takes a painful breath as he looks at me. His eyes growing glassy and he blinks them away. His lips tight.

"Hey squirt."

My strong persona crumbles at his annoying nickname for me that I used to dread, now I couldn't be happier to hear it. His voice like an angel in my ears.

"Cor-"

Raen quickly pulls me back. A death like grip on my forearm as he pushes me behind him. Holding the axe high in threat but nothing else as he watches Corrin take up the discarded sword quickly. Regaining the position they once stood moments before I intervened.