Chapter 41: Short Time Left

Sans scratched his arm, feeling the anxiety creep in.

He was in his room, choosing the right outfit to wear.

He knew he had to impress Grillby's dad with his appearance, but at the same time, he literally just felt like getting his casual, almost pijama-like, clothing on and not giving a crap.

Sans sighed, and plopped himself onto his bed, staring at the white, pale, vast roof in an almost hypnotic-like state.

Man he wished Grillby was there with him, assuring him everything would be fine, embracing him with his warm, gentle arms, kissing him slowly passionately and- oh wait- off topic...

Sans turned around in his bed, lying on his non-existent stomach, and grabbed his phone off the nightstand placed next to his bed.

After a few minutes of scrolling through his notifications in vain, Sans threw his phone to the side and lied there in bed for a long silence.

Just when his eyes were about to shut, there was a knock on the door that jolted him awake.

Groaning, Sans sat up sluggishly, and dragged himself to the door, opening it only partially.

"hey paps. what's up?" He greeted lazily.

"BROTHER! I JUST WANTED TO WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK MEETING GRILLBY'S FAMILY!" Papyrus cheerfully bounced with joy.

"heh, thanks-wait-... how did you know?" Sans realized.

"OH! GRILLBY TOLD ME! IN FACT, HE'S HERE WAITING FOR YOU DOWNSTAIRS AS WE SPEAK!" Papyrus replied happily.

"he's here!?" Sans gasped exaggeratedly, but quietly.

"YUP!"

"but i'm not ready!" Sans panicked.

"Sans?" Grillby's voice called from downstairs.

His footsteps were soon heard coming up the stairs, only making Sans go crazy with panic.

"paps! what do i do!?" Sans whispered.

Papyrus just shrugged and gave Sans a big wide grin.

"I HAVE NO IDEA, SANS! MAYBE GRILLBY COULD HELP YOU CHOOSE THE RIGHT CLOTHES!" Papyrus purposely said in a loud voice, before innocently skipping off to his room nextdoor.

"Sans? Why aren't you ready, babe?" Grillby asked playfully, rushing over to Sans and leaning down to greet him with a short, warm kiss.

"i couldn't find anything good. i don't know what to wear..." Sans shrugged, a light blush spread across his cheeks in embarrassment.

Grillby softly chuckled and took Sans' hand, leading him into the room.

"Let's see then..." He laughed, looking through the closet.

Sans took a seat on his bed and waited patiently.

"Got it. How about... This?" Grillby asked, taking out a white button down, long sleeved shirt, and some dark blue jeans.

"that shirt is from from work, grillbz." Sans informed jokingly.

"We can make it work. Take off your clothes." Grillby ordered.

Sans chuckled nervously.

"i can go change in my restroom..." He said.

"Take off your clothes, dear." Grillby repeated, slowly approaching to Sans.

"why?" Sans questioned.

"I'm going to appropriately dress you myself." Grillby answered, placing the clothing on the bed, and crossing his hands over his chest demandingly.