Sixteen: 'Nice guy'

“Ari catch!” Dylan shouted as she threw an egg at me.

“OH MY GOD!” I screamed as I nearly missed the egg, but caught it just before it went over my head. “Dylan don’t do that!”

“Oh big deal you could have just used one of your magical powers to save it.” She rolled her eyes and poured out flour onto the scales.

That day had been the most fun I had in a long time.

Elliot and I hid in room 24 at the top of the school and thrown water balloons out of the window. We weren’t caught but there was no doubt Robert knew it was us and we’d probably be in isolation once we got back, but for now, I was just looking forwards to the two and a half weeks I had off of school for Christmas.

We weren’t going out for dinner because Archie said he didn’t feel too great.

That was fine by me because it meant I could avoid Kyle for even longer. Dylan had asked me if I wanted to bake a cake with her and I was going to decline until Hannah announced that everyone should watch a film in the front room and Kyle asked me to be his ‘Sofa Buddy’.

I pretty much threw up in my mouth.

So here I am, baking a Victoria Sponge cake with Dylan who apparently likes to throw her ingredients a round.

“Ari are you going to crack that egg or are you going to just stare at it?” Dylan crossed her arms over her chest and rolled her eyes.

“Sorry,” I laughed and cracked the egg into a bowl.

“Need any help?” A voice asked from the doorway.

“Not from you.” I replied to satan himself without turning away from my cracked egg.

“Actually,” Dylan shot me a glare “We would love your help Lucas, could you crack these eggs?”

“I thought I was on egg cracking duty?” I asked

“Yes,” Dylan nodded “You both are…I’m just going to check on the film…enjoy.”

I hate her.

She knew that Lucas and I didn’t get along and she’d mentioned something about us needing to bond to sort our differences out.

“I don’t need your help. You can go back and watch your little film.”  I crossed my arms and stood in front of the bowl so he couldn’t crack the eggs.

“Good because I don’t want to help, I want to talk.” He sneered.

Talk?

“Okay, talk away.” I cocked an eyebrow

“I don’t know what went on with you and my brother,” Lucas started “but he’s in a shitty mood and I have no doubt that it was you that put him into this shitty mood. So you better sort it out. This is our house, not yours and you can’t just come prancing in and make my brother feel uncomfortable in his own home Arabella. We’re trying to help you.”

“First of all,” I scoffed “I did not just come ‘Prancing in’ to your house. If you remember correctly you kidnapped me from my home where I was perfectly happy and normal. And it is most definitely not my fault that Kyle’s in a mood, he’s got himself to blame for that.”

Lucas was about to reply when Hannah called me.

“Arabella there’s a delivery for you!”

A delivery?

Glaring at Lucas as I went, I walked out of the kitchen towards the front door where Hannah stood with a small parcel in her hands.

“This is for you.” She handed it to me.