Devil intern

This chapter has not been edited!

***

"I'm sorry Miss, but we're completely booked out today. Please come back tomorrow." 

I sighed for the nth time and explained everything to her once again, "look, I don't want to be here either but it's an emergency. I was literally almost murdered at this hospital a second ago and now I need to get a tetanus shot just in case the weapon grazed my skin. Do you think I'm happy about this? I'd much rather be home right now."

"I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe you should go to the emergency room."

"I went past there on my way here. There was a car accident on the freeway so there's over twenty patients," I partially lied. It was true that there was an emergency but there was no more than three patients involved. However, there were no beds available and knowing how in demand those beds are, I didn't want to take one away for a single injection.

"I'm really sorry to hear that Miss, but there is really nothing I can do right now. If I am being honest, today was the day kids were supposed to get their vaccinations but a lot of parents preferred to get them injected at a hospital than at their schools so we're completely booked out. To make it a slower day, this week our interns are on vaccination duty so we can't overflow their quota."

"But I'm going to die," I repeated. If her response was to apologise once more, I'm most probably going to become a murderer tonight. 

"I'm very sorry, Miss. If you want we ca--"

I groaned and slammed my head on the receptionist desk. 

"It's alright, Leslie," someone said from behind me. "If she's willing to wait a little while until my last patient, I can vaccinate her." 

"But we were given strict orders to not book in more than a hundred patients per intern today."

I rubbed my forehead as I turned to the kind doctor who was willing to vaccinate me. My mouth dropped at the face I saw. It was none other than my assailant. 

"A lot of my patients haven't showed up today," he said with a smile on his face. "Therefore it has been less than one hundred for the day." 

"Actually," I spoke out, "I don't think it's that serious. I'll just come back tomorrow," I said as I began walking away.

"Tetanus is very serious," my assailant called from behind me. "There's also a blood stain on your back so clearly whatever you cut yourself with has mixed in with your blood."

I pulled the dress back to see a little blood stain on my back. Feeling fear for my health and well being, I walked back towards the intern, who was watching me with the most annoying smirk on his face.  

**

"Is it Halloween?" Matthew, also known as the most annoying kid on Earth asked me. 

"No."

"Then why are you dressed like that?" Matthew asked. They say that you shouldn't take children's words to heart because they ask mean questions with innocent intentions, but Matthew was different. During the whole 20 minutes since I took my seat next to him, he would put down one person after the other. I occasionally would take a peak at his mother to see if she was going to reprimand him at all but all she did was nod to please the young boy and then turn back to messaging on her phone. I then wondered where the boy learnt this rude behaviour from and realised that the apple really doesn't fall far from the tree when his mother called her friend and began gossiping about all the people at her work place.