Chapter 5 - Trust Me

(Annabelle's POV)

Spider-Man. That name was the only thought in my head. He saved me from almost being run over. God knows what would've happened to me had he'd not been there. I was lucky he happened to be in that part of town. I hadn't told anyone of the events that happened last night.

"Anna? Sweetie are you alright?" My mom asked.

"Huh?" I said as I broke out of my thoughts.

"You've barely touched your breakfast. Are you feeling ok?" My mom asked.

"I'm fine, just thinking, that's all." I explained.

"Ok." She said, but I was sure she still wasn't convinced.

"I'm gonna go to school." I said and grabbed my book bag.

"Have a good day!" My mom shouted.

"Ok!" I shouted back. The walk to school was long and lonely, since Peter no longer walked with me. But I stopped hoping he'd join me again. Right now all I could focus on was last night. I want to know who spider-man is. His voice sounded vaguely familiar but at the same time it didn't. Soon enough I saw the school in the distance.

---------------

The day went by fast, mostly because I wasn't paying attention. I hadn't talked to anyone all day, not even Gwen. I didn't have to go to Oscorp today, so I could go straight home. When I got home I ran straight up to my room, opened my window and climbed out, so I could sit on the roof. It wasn't suppose to rain, so I decided to lay down and take a nap. I let my feet dangle off the edge. It was peaceful and that's what I needed right now. Just as I was about to fall asleep, I heard a voice.

"You know, most people don't sleep on a roof, you could catch a cold or something." I smiled at the sound of that voice. The only other thing that could make this day ok was that voice. I opened my eyes and sat up. In the tree across from me was Peter.

"You know, most people don't climb trees to bother people sleeping on their roof." I shot back.

"Ah you got me there." Peter pointed out. He jumped over from the tree onto my roof.

"You seem happier today." I noted. Peter looked at me and sat down.

"Yeah, I've actually been feeling a lot better." I nodded. Maybe he wouldn't need me, maybe he healed by being alone. If that's what it took to get him back to his old self then that's ok.

"What do you think of the Spider-Man?" I asked. We needed something to talk about and I needed to talk about last night to someone I trust.

"He seems like a great guy, I mean he is protecting the people. Why do you ask, Belle?" Peter answered. Last chance to hack out. Do I tell him Spider-Man saved me? He's my best friend of course I have to.

"He saved me last night." I whispered.

"From what?" Peter asked with a more serious tone.

"A robber pushed me into the street, I was almost hit by a car." I explained. Peter looked a bit angry.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I stood up in anger. How dare he ask me that.

"Maybe its because you're never around anymore!" I shouted at him. He seemed a bit taken back by my outburst. "I would've told you but we hadn't even talked in almost a week." I exclaimed.

"I've been busy." Peter tried to defend himself.

"Doing what? And don't tell me it's Dr. Connors because I know you don't spend that much time there." Peter seemed to be at a loss of words.