chapter 22

James crossed his arms and shook his head looking around the room he gave them 48 hours to work this shit out forked out 12 million to different organizations and now what does he have to show for it? nothing. How is it that people donate and donate yet there is apparently no solution. How many charity galas has he been to where plates of food cost thousands each.

The scientists hung their heads as they gave him thier solution. None. They couldn't find one.

"We need more time" one of them piped up but james gave him an icy glare

"More time?" He growls a litttle trying to contain all the pent up emotions. Some of them nod their heads.

The sound of his large palm making comtact with the sturdy oak desk echoed through the room. The men standing infront of him jumped the women quivered in fear and james stood jaw clenched, teeth gritting. What was he going to do?

"Fine get back to work a 48 hour extension is all your getting" his breathing was ragged his fists where clenched but he could hear katherine in his head telling him he can't always project his anger out on others.

The phone sitting next to him rang and he picked it up waving off the people standing before him "hello this is james saunders" he answered formally

Katherine

Her eyes felt heavy and she stirred in bed feeling the need for a strech and to crack her back a little.

The room was brighr and made it even harder to open her eyes. She felt a little hand in hers. She heard a little scream in her ears and as she recognised who it was she forced herself with all her might to look into her babies eyes.

"Mommy, mommy. Elena look mommy" ellas sweet smile filled katherines vision. Her two front teetg where missing. Her hair neatly braided in two plaits and dressed in her school uniform.

"Oh thank the heavens" elenas hands flew to her mouth seeing katherine awake and she pressed the nurses bell at the side of the bed

"We thought you wouldn't wake up" elena looked into Katherines eyes and smiled. I will be right back theres something i need to do.

"Mommy can you come home now? Mommy are you better now? Maybe you can bring me to school today?" Ella smiled beaming at katherine

Katherine felt the tears brim her eyes and she shook her head she tried to talk but her mouth was dry. She felt to weak to point at the water but ella was smart and put the water to katherines mouth.

When Katherine had taken a sip and felt she could talk she spoke.

"Baby how did you know to do that?" She asked her little girl

"Elena told me if you woke up i need to give you water she says you would be thirsty" ella smiles back at katherine.

Elena came back in to the room and looked at ella "did you give your mummy water?"

"Yes she did" katherine smiles proud

"James is on his way. He is leaving as soon as possible" elena beams "hes so happy you're awake"

Katherine suddenly felt sick. How was he? He has probably torn up half of the city knowing james saunders.

She felt the familliar butterflies in her stomach at the thought of seeing james again. She wanted to see him. But she was scared. She didnt want him to worry about her that was never her intention.

The door flew open and james ran in looking flustered,angry and anxious all at the same time.

He stopped dead in his tracks when he saw her. She felt nervous what would he say to her?

Well she shouldnt have worried about that he walked over and placing his warm hand around her neck stole her lips for a kiss.

Nit just a kiss but it knocked the air out of katherine. A kiss full of passion and longing a kiss of love. When he pulled back he rested his forhead against hers

"I've missed you baby" he whispered so only she could hear

Katherine tried to lift her hand so she could stroke his cheek and after a few attepmts finally got her body to move the way she wanted it too.

"I'd like to think you did" she smiled and as he held her in his arms she realised it didn't matter what would happen in the future all that mattered was that she was here with him now in his arms and she loved him.

The sound of ellas giggles made them pull away from eachother but their smiles stayed on thier faces.

They sat down in the room pulling chairs up beside the bed and told katherine about everything that she missed.

"I went to school mommy" ella piped up

"I got 5 speeding tickets" James tried to say quickly so katherine wouldnt hear

"James robert saunders why on earth where you speeding" Katherine exclaimed

"Um because 1 of them i wanted to get home before the football match, 2 i forgot to lift ella from school and 2 of them for trying to get gere quickly" his cheeks went a little pink from getting scolded by Katherine

She was the only woman who wouod ever get away with it.

"Now you sped and got pulled over so that took even longer then had you been going slowly" katherine laughed

"I know i get it i shouldn't be speeding" james groans

"And mommy he forgot me at school" ella moaned

"Sorry princess" james lifted ella up and tickled her

"James you forgot your own daughter twice?" Katherine raised her brows trying to sound cross but couldn't help herself from laughing "you are a terrible father"

James stopped tickling ella and turned to katherine "i can't tickle you but if i could i would." He smilled

Elena leaned over to katherine and whispered in her ear "you make him happy. Thank you. He has been so on edge as soon as he walked into the room i could tell how relieved he was to have you back." She kissed katherines cheek and smiled warmly

Authors note

Just a filler hope it made you smile but i had a comment that made me think the next chapter would you like it written in pov style and if so katherines or james xxx comment and let me know