The Recall

I get out from the school bus with two of my friends, i drag my heavy feet. "Alice, don't forget i will pick you up at sunday morning" i look at my bestfriend Samantha while she's gone with the bus.

I walk through this long road till i reach my home, before i turn the knob something sweet hit my nose. 'hmm it's him again' i turn my feet to the side gate of my house.

I opened the gate carefully, and bring the chair to reach the top of the 2,5 meters hedge while my height is just 165 cm. I'm peeking and see him at the kitchen with a cute apron that suited with his blue shirt, it's helpful to watch him through the glasses rail door.

I watch him smelling the cookies and turn his head to me so sudden, i hide immediately but get stumble and fall to the ground. My butt hurt, why do i have to peek on him like this. I feel so stupid but i can't resist that sweet cookies smell so good.

They were moved in from 3 months ago but i haven't meet them officially, this smell just coming from that house a week ago. I wanna try it once, my mouth watery now and make me gulps several times. I love cookies so much, how can a boy like him can do that such a thing while i can't myself.

I assumed he has the same age as me, but he has an asian look. Maybe japanesse or chinesse, i just known that two types of asian peoples.

I still hide behind the hedge when suddenly someone's knocking it and make me jump on my butt, "are you still there?" I put my hand on my mouth with widened eyes, and stay silent for a moment.

"Aahh you're gone already, i guess i have to dump this cookies again" i stand up in a hurry, raised my hand while saying "i'm here, please don't dump it" i get on the chair again and look at him from the top of the hedge.

He smile at me warmly, it's the warmest smile i've ever see. He seems nice and kind boy, "hi neighbor, we finally meet" he said to me, but his smile still hypnotized me and i didn't realize that i said "hi handsome" with a silly smile. He laugh to my act and it's make my face like a tomato, i turn my head down.

"Thanks for your compliment" he still laugh with a funny tone, his laugh seems familiar to my ears. I brushed that thought away, "you're welcome" a grinned form on my face.

He gave me a pack of chocolate cookies, i cheered like a kid when i take it. It's like a treasure for me, i open it and the smell reach my nose. I took one with a star shape, and shove it immediately.

"Mmmhhh.. it's the best cookies i've ever eat in my whole life" he chuckling. "Thanks, you didn't change Alice" he murmured, i still enjoy the cookies with a happy face.

"Thank you so much, i love cookies" he smile at me again, "i know that" i get puzzled. "It's writen all over your face" i smile widely to his statement.

"Ah.. i'm sorry for being impolite, my name is Alice. Alice Petterson and you?" I stretch my hand to him, "my name Sinji, Sinji Mokke" he reached my hand. It feel strange when i look into his eyes, it's like something inside my heart tickling me.

"Well i guess i have to get inside before my father caught me talk to a stranger, he is someone that unpleasant" he wishpering at the end words, i just noded.

"Nice to meet you Alice" he waves his hand while walking inside the house again, "nice to meet you too Sinji" i waved his back and get down from the chair.

I grab my backpack and clean my pants from the dirt, i get detour to my house from the back yard.

"Mom.. mom.. where are you?" I guess she haven't come home from the office yet, it's just both of us lived in this house. She work as a lawyer, and often going out of town or even going overseas for work.