12.

Today was the last day

The graduation day.

At last I'll be free and out of this hellhole called high school.

I couldn't wait.

The graduation ceremony took place smoothly.
Once everyone received their diplomas, all the hats were in the air.

Later, as I was standing with Carrie and Jenna, you showed up.

You asked me to come aside.

Carrie and Jenna looked like they wanted to say some thing really rude to you, but once they saw that without hesitation I had started walking with you, they kept quiet.

You lead me away to a secluded place away from all the students celebrating their freedom.

You looked nervous.

It was like the expression you had in the park when you wanted to tell me something, before Mason & his lackeys came.

And then you began, 'April, what I'm going to say now is hard for me. So just hear me out first before you say anything, okay?
Please?'

You sounded so serious that I was afraid to even open my mouth.
So I just nodded.

And you continued, 'Look I know you have been wanting some answers from me since that night. And I'm ready to give them to you now.'

'April I have been in love with you since I first saw you in sophomore year; the shy girl with the big black glasses.
And I finally grew the balls to ask you out last year.'

'But I lied when I said that I wanted our relationship to be a secret to protect us. I wanted it to be a secret because I thought it would harm... my-my reputation as a jock.
And that is the reason why I broke up too.'

I gasped.
Of all the reasons that I had thought of, this was not even a possibility.

I never thought of you as a guy who cared for his reputation so much that he would give away a year old relationship.

You quickly went on, 'I know this a total asshole reason but April I was stupid.
Not anymore.'

By now I was freezed on the spot.
You were slowly turning out to be a guy that was a complete stranger to me.

'I have realized how much you meant to me in these past two months . And you might not be able to see it but I'm miserable without you. You were the first girl who had the power to make my head spin around & I loved every moment of that April.'

'You are a blessing for me, you really are and this is me giving my best shot at getting you back in my life.'

'April you taught me how to love myself, love others. Please, please forgive me.
I love you.
Let's start anew, away from here, this stupid town.' you said taking my hands in yours.

'And if you're wondering about the colleges, I know you always wanted to go to Princeton so I applied there too.
I got in. April we can finally be together.
Just forget the past baby, please.'

Still holding both my hands, you stared down at me.

And for the first time I didn't get lost in your eyes like I used to.
But instead they brought me back to reality.

And then I did something I never though I'd be able to do again.

I kissed you.

And then I ran.

•••

•••