| TWENTYFOUR: THING ABOUT PARTIES

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR.
THING ABOUT PARTIES

The thing about parties was that Amandla didn't know how to dance. She learned when she was fourth year, for the Yule Ball and everything, but she fucking sucked. And it had been two years and surely no one could expect her to remember those technics. Right? Well, they should've, because she didn't remember shit. Correction: didn't remember anything except for Ron Weasley dancing with McGonagall – the highlight of her week.

But that might not even matter because Amandla wasn't sure if there would be dancing there. She had never attended a dinner with Slughorn and Corey had missed the last few, but he never mentioned dancing. Though, this was different; this was a proper party the professor was throwing. So there might be dancing and she wouldn't even know it.

That's not it, though. To add to her problems, she didn't even know what to wear. Only a week to get a dress and she was properly freaking out. If Cevira were there and they were talking, it wouldn't be that hard. The girl would calm her down and offer to steal a dress from one of their roommates or another one of the girls. Cevira always did have great style. But Amandla...she didn't know what to do, and showing up in jeans and a sweater wouldn't be appropriate. Right? Even if that's what she wants to wear.

The other problem has to be the fact that Pansy won't be there either. Sadly, Daphne would not miss the chance to be with Blaise and even with the silent threat to hurt the girl, she stood her ground, and Amandla couldn't really bring herself to harm the girl. Not with how she looked when she spoke of the Zambini boy. Amandla was sure she looked the same when she used to speak of Hermione. Now there was only hurt at the mention of the girl.

Fuck. Hermione. Just another thing about parties, at least that one. Hermione would be there because of course Hermione was a part of the Slug Club and wouldn't miss the chance to party and get on the good side of a professor. I mean, of course she would be there. She was the smartest one in their year, and it was a party. This time, though, Amandla wouldn't be getting drunk and landing in Hermione. Well, she would probably be getting drunk, but the last part definitely won't happen. Hermione made that quite clear. At least she had Pansy. Pansy was nice and at least pretended to care for the girl.

So there Amandla was, looking at herself in the mirror as the Christmas tree green dress fit on her body. It was more form-fitting with long sleeves, she religiously wore long sleeves ever since last year, a nice design in the back and a good enough bit of cleavage showing in the front. It was shorter and she had black heels on, courtesy of one of the snobby Hufflepuffs girl she had the displeasure of calling her roommate. Of course, the girl didn't know she was lending Amandla her shoes – or her dress, for that matter – but that was quite alright.

She looked at herself again, making sure everything looked alright before heading out the door. The common was full and some people looked at her (a guy even whistled) but she just rolled her eyes and ignored them, walking into the hallway where she was greeted by Corey, who was also dressed for the occasion.