CHAPTER 6

Before they knew it, it was already the next morning. Cordelia couldn't sleep the night before, so she had slipped out of bed and walked over to Kaden and Michael's house before crashing there at four in the morning on their couch.

Pierce woke up at around nine, turned over, and felt an empty spot where he knew for sure that his mate was laying in only a couple hours before hand. He slowly opened his eyes and sighed. Rolling on his back, he extended his arms out. "Babe?" He called out before running a hand through his bed head. "That's a new nickname. Haven't heard you call me that yet." Genevieve teased as she passed his doorway. "Genevieve." He asked and sat up. Genevieve walked back into view.

"Ya?" She asked and leaned against the doorframe. "Have you seen Cordelia? She was here last night." He yawned. "Oh she left at about 2 this morning. Said she couldn't sleep. Needed to walk around and clear her head. Where and why, I'm not sure."

Pierce huffed. "I'll go try and find her." He said and then the door closed. "Pierce?" Cordelia's voice chimed. "Well. That won't be hard." Genevieve shrugged. "He's in his room, dear." Genevieve called and walked off.

Cordelia walked into the bedroom and collapsed on the bed next to him. "I am exhausted. I only slept 5 hours at Kaden's." She groaned and looked up at Pierce. "While you probably haven't woken once in the ten hours you slept." She groaned. Pierce laid back down next to her and wrapped his arms around her.

She relaxed against him and sighed. "I just need like 5 minutes." She mumbled and closed her eyes. He kissed her forehead. "Well, I'll be here in 5 minutes." He said and rubbed her back until she fell asleep.

"Knock, knock." Cordelia's friend, Anna said quietly before she walked in. Anna and Lowell went back to the old pack after the Moon Goddess celebration due to Anna being pregnant. But Anna had visited every once in a while in the last month.

"She's asleep right now." Pierce said and looked down at Cordelia. "She's a deep sleeper. You can put 500 elephants in the same room with her and she would still be asleep." Anna said and leaned up against the wall.

Pierce tried to sit up a little bit but Cordelia had a grip on him. She had her arm tightly wrapped around his waist and her head was digging in his chest. "Looks like even in her sleep, she doesn't want you to leave." Anna giggled. Pierce smiled down at Cordelia. He was finally able to sit up and had Cordelia sitting in his lap, asleep. She still had her arm around him and her head on his chest. But at least he was able to sit up now.

Cordelia sighed through her nose and moved slightly before waking up. "Did I sleep long?" She asked as she rubbed her eyes. "No. Only for about 5 or 10 minutes." Pierce said. Cordelia looked over her shoulder and saw Anna. "Hey." She mumbled and slipped off and walked over to Anna. "How's the little one or ones?" She asked Anna as she tapped Anna's stomach slightly with her index finger. Anna shrugged. "Growing fast. Another month or two, they'll be out."

Cordelia nodded. "Do you know what their gender is?" She asked Anna. She shook her head no. "I'm hoping for a girl. Lowell wants a boy. Maybe if we have two kids, they'll be a boy and girl. Who knows? I know it's rare for us to only have one kid during a pregnancy."

Pierce wrapped his arms around Cordelia. "I don't really like kids." He sighed. Cordelia looked up at him. "What do you mean you don't like kids?" She asked, more bitterly than she would've liked. "I mean. I like kids. They're not bad. But they could be annoying." He huffed but winced when Cordelia slapped him on the arm. "I love kids. And I'd like to have some."

Cordelia looked at Anna. "Have you guys picked out names yet?" Cordelia asked. Anna nodded. "We have two girl names picked out and two boy names. Isabelle Grace and Emeraude Rose. Then Alexander Christian and Matthew Christopher."

"I would really love kids one day." Cordelia said, looking up at Pierce and giving him the 'I am serious about having kids' look but quickly looked back at Anna when he gave her a questioning look. "What was that look supposed to mean?" He asked her. She shrugged. "I really want kids." She said flatly. Pierce shrugged. "K." He said.

Cordelia nodded. Anna giggled. "Come on. I haven't seen you in a while. Pierce, I'm stealing your girlfriend." Anna said and pulled Cordelia out of the bedroom. "Bring her home safely." Pierce yelled after them.