40.

"Em are you ready?" I heard Quinn yelled from outside my door.

"Yeah, one sec." I answer looking at myself one more time in the mirror before I go.

Today was the day. Today was the day that my mother was going to be buried into the ground. It's been 5 days since she's passed away. I still haven't cried, and haven't really talked about it with anyone. I still didn't know how to feel. I've never felt this way before. It was expected, yet so unexpected.

I walked out of my bedroom to see Quinn and Danny waiting for me on the couch.

I clear my throat grabbing their attention. "Ready?" They nod, standing up to leave.

We arrived to the funeral home about 20 minutes later. I see my dad talking to the priest, and I see Harry sitting at the back with Rosie in his arms. I excuse myself to Danny and Quinn, and go over to him.

"Hey. How was she last night?"

I let Harry keep Rosie for two nights this week. This has just been so hard on all of us, and I think I needed a small break from motherhood for a second.

He looks up at me. "Oh hey." He smiles. "She was great. Shes sleeping longer through the night."

I smile, nodding. I sit down next to him and he hands Rosie over to me. "Hey baby girl." I say happily, smiling down at Ro, giving her kisses.

"So how have you been?" Harry asked me.

I pick my head up and look at him. "It's been hard. Especially on Danny."

"How's your dad?"

I sigh. "He misses her a lot."

Harry gives me a sorry smile. He looks down and grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers. "I think it's starting. We should go up there."

I nod, standing up. We walk up with our hands still together. We sit down at the front next to my family as the ceremony begins.

-

The ceremony was beautiful. Lots of tears were shed, even I finally cried a little. Even though it was sad seeing them taking my mom away, I was happy that she was in a better place. I didn't want to see her suffer any longer. She was in pain and now her pain was taken away.

"Do you want to ride with us or Harry?" Quinn asks me when we all exit the funeral home.

"Um." I turn around to see Harry chatting it up with a family friend. I turn back to Quinn. "I think I'll go with you guys, but let me go say goodbye to Harry and everyone."

They nod. I turn around, and say goodbye to all my family members. I lastly go up to Harry and my friend who are still chatting away.

"Hey John." I smile at him.

"Hey Emery. How are you? I'm sorry for your loss" He places a hand on my shoulder giving me a sorry look.

I look at Harry to see him eying the hand that was on my shoulder. "Thank you, and yeah, I'm good." I smile, stepping back so that his hand would fall off my body. "Um well anyways, I'm going home, so I just came to say goodbye to both of you."

"Bye Em." John pulls me into a hug. When he pulls out of the hugs, he walks away.

I sigh. "So what were you guys talking about?" I ask.

"Do you need me to take you home? Or maybe we could go out for lunch." He says avoiding my question.

"No it's fine. Come by later if you want. Maybe to have dinner."

He smiles and nods. "Okay. Bye Em." He pulls me into a tight hug. Leans out of it and presses a kiss on my forehead. "You were so strong today." He caressed my cheek once with his thumb looking me in my eyes then turned around to his car.

When I arrived home, I put Rosie in her crib to nap. I went over to my closet and grabbed a box from the top shelf. I walked over to my bed with the box, and sat down. I sigh, pulling out a few things. These were my moms things. Things from when she was little, old photos, and much more. Looking through the entire box of things I haven't looked at in year brought tears. I before I knew it I was in a full blown cry. All the tears that were built up inside me for the past week all came out. I felt vulnerable. I pushed all the things out of the way and crawled into my bed and continued to cry. This continued for about an hour in my quiet apartment since no one was home.

I heard the front door open. "Emery?" I heard Harrys voice say.

But I stayed silent. Laying in a pool of my tears, not knowing whether I should wipe away my tears and go out there and pretend that nothing is wrong or just to stay here and do nothing. I choose choice B.

"Em?" My bedroom door opened. I closed eyes and covered my face with my pillow so that Harry wouldn't see me.

He walked in and laid down next to me. He spooned my small body and put his arm around me. "It okay to cry Em." He said into my ear.

I sniffed and turned my body around to face him. "Thank you for everything you've done for me, Harry." I lightly smile. He smiles back. He lays flat and I place my head onto his chest with my arm around his torso, and fell asleep. Some very much needed sleep with the person I love right besides me.

-

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Lowkey confused.... my chapter only got like 30 views when I usually get a lot more on the first day of publishing it. Idk why thats happening. Probably cuz I'm not updating enough, which I should rlly do... oops. Anyways, hope you had a great day. Love you guys <3