Chapter VII

She put back the letters inside the chest, closing and locking it.

Wiping her eyes with the sleeve of her shirt, she stood up and put the key back in its place.

She started wondering why Jungkook never replied to her letters even when he got and kept them.

Sitting down on the bed, she felt guilt and sorrow. She never wanted any of this, she just wanted to love and be loved.

Sighing, she closed her eyes, exhausted by crying nonstop for fifteen minutes straight.

Without analyzing it, she fell into deep slumber.
---
Yeonas sleep got disturbed by a loud thud. Her eyes shot open and immediately stood up from the bed.

Finally focusing her eyes, she saw a male standing in the frame of the door.

"Look who finally decided to wake up." He said while he was taking off his boots.

"Jungkook." She whispered to the boy who was walking over to the bed on which she was seated on.

He looked over to the girl who was observing his every step. Tilting his head, he hummed in response.

"Did you get any of the letters that I sent you?" She asked, already knowing the answer but wanting to know his response.

He sighed "Yes, I did."

"Why didn't you respond to any of them?" She asked, dumbfounded.

"I was about to but after I got the last letter, I- I already knew it was too late."

"Why did you do it?" She asked through gritted teeth. Fury clearly shown in her eyes. The eyes that were once full with love to one person now replaced by hatred.

He wanted to tell her. He wanted to tell her everything. The truth. The real reason behind his actions. But he couldn't. Not yet.

"One day you'll find out."

"There's absolutely no reason of you doing what you did, Jungkook. You really became a monster."

"Yeona. I nev-" he got cut off by the girl continuing.

"I can't believe I actually believed that you would change! I was living in a lie! How could you betray me and your people like that!?"

"Listen I di-" he got caught off, once again.

"You know, it's my fault! I should've never trusted you! I should've never let you in! I'm so stupid for falling so deep in your stupid lies and broken promises! Why did I ev-"

Jungkook grew more and more furious by her words. If only she knew why. He didn't want to take her wrong statements and pointless arguments anymore. He just wanted to let her know the truth, so he caught her off her sentence by grabbing her wrists and pulling her closer to his body.

"Yeona! Shut up for fucks sake!" He yelled, startling the girl that was now in his grip.

"You don't know anything about what really happened! I'm not the one who betrayed anyone it was your family and your kingdom! It was a-"

Freeing herself from his grip, her anger took control and before he could continue, he was stopped by a hand making contact with his cheek.