Chapter 50

0001 - Tempro

0003 - Conner

0097 - Ace - Zimmel

0098 - Lucy

0101 - Shelby (mother ship) - Derrick

0125 - Lars

0200 - Ellen

0301 - Rodrick

0403 - Johnathon

0667 - Marco - Brown

0778 - Jan

0798 - Celeste - Shelby (human)

0908 - Tara - Mara

0999 - Zan

1000 - Sherry - Lucie (for the moment)

______________________________

Backing up from Derrick the tall sandy blonde suddenly hit a bulk head, his eyes dancing around the room. "The last I heard you were still recovering. What is this?"

Smiling a moment Derrick was about to try and explain when the hologram of Tempro appeared. "We seem to have a slight problem." The tall man's eyes got large as he swiped his hand through the hologram.

"Commander?! What in the hell is that!? It's not real!" The tall man said.

Tempro turned to look at the man. "I am indeed real sir. Please refrain from doing that again Sergeant Norman! I find it rather rude!" Turning Tempro repeat what he'd just said. "It appears we have a slight problem, Sire."

Sergeant Norman shook his head, Sire? What in the hell was going on? He thought he was dead, had consigned his self to that fact. Then suddenly he was lying on a deck able to breathe looking up into the eyes of the greatest man he'd ever had the pleasure to serve under.

"I'll try to explain in a bit. Go have a seat then we can talk as soon as I take care of this." Derrick told the wide eyed man as he went to a seat dropping like a stone into it. "What's wrong? Derrick asked Tempro.

"It appears that the engines of the freighter are on overload. I am detecting critical levels climbing." Tempro told Derrick.

"Can you amend what is causing the overload problem?" Derrick asked then went to the panel behind his visitor.

"I'm not completely able to access the system. At present I have alleviated the excess plasma pressure. I am afraid that this has only delayed the problem." Tempro replied.

Derrick nodded as he started to type at am almost frantic pace. Hitting enter every ten seconds Derrick just hoped he had enough in to effect the change. "Yes Sire, control now at seventy five percent. I have managed to shut down two of the four plasma injectors. Total destruction averted though survival rate of all onboard is at only five percent." Tempro told Derrick.

"Just who are you?" The Sergeant asked when his eyes got large watching Derrick's hands. They seemed to be flying faster than the Sergeant thought was humanly possible.

Derrick only smiled at the man not stopping what he was doing. "I told you I'd explain. Let me save the ship ok? Then we can talk."

"Save the ship? How? You aren't going to affect anything from there!" The tall man almost shouted incredulously.

"Believe me it's possible." Derrick said as he kept typing at a furious speed.

"NO!" The tall man said as he rose heading for the command deck. Two electrodes came out of the wall emitting a shock to the tall man. Falling against the wall then slowly sliding down the wall a look of surprise on his face.