XXIV

-Stella Hart-

-Stella Hart-

I was halfway through an egg salad sandwich when Dean Carterson asked me out on a date.

I choked on my mouthful of sandwhich which caused Narcissa to awkwardly pat my back as I swallowed it down.

"What did you say?" I asked, not quite sure if I'd heard him correctly.

The tips of Dean's ears had turned pink.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date this evening? Maybe go for a picnic?" He asked again, offering me a sweet smile. I didn't give one back, I just sat there floundering as he stood there hopeful and expectant.

"I'm not sure I-" I began to say but Bellatrix took it upon herself to answer for me.

"She'd love to. Pick her up at the Common Room at 5:30." She said, cutting me off and giving him a dazzling smile.

"Yeah?" He grinned, looking back at me.

My mouth was hanging open but I managed to twist into something that resembled a smile. This was all Dean needed and with that he spun on his heel and practically skipped over to his friends.

When he was out of earshot I unleashed on Bellatrix.

"Why did you do that?" I hissed at her but she just rolled her eyes at me.

"Oh please, Stella. Isn't it about time you got over Sirius Black." She said lazily, and might I add, loudly.

Now it's my ears that are turning pink and Narcissa is snickering.

"What concearn is that of yours? And even though it's none of your business, I am over Sirius Black." I bite back. Narcissa laughs louder because I am a liar and my ears go even pinker because I am a liar.

"Shut up Narcissa. Before you start snorting and embarass yourself." I snapped, now it was Bellatrix's turn to laugh and Narcissa's to be quiet.

"You're fun when you're mean." Bellatrix giggled but that just made me angry.

"And how bad can Dean Carterson really be?" She asked, a little bit more serious but her eyes were still laughing.

"He's not bad..." I groaned into my half finished egg salad sandwich, "he's just boring. He's far too Hufflepuff for Slytherin and basically hides in the shadow of his family name."

Bellatrix shrugged.

"Your mother would approve of him though." She pointed out and that pissed me off even more.

"And?" My ears were turning pink again.

Bellatrix scoffed.

"Do not 'and' me, Estelle. It's no secret that you're desperate for her approval and why wouldn't you be? She's a badass." Bellatrix said, her eyes shining in admiration.