Misunderstandings

This was requested by PrettyBluePrincess14 I hope you enjoy it!
____________________________
It was Friday afternoon and Riley and Maya had just gotten out of school.

"Are you sure you want to do our homework here at Topanga's? I thought you said you were tired of when everywhere you turn someone in your family is right there." Maya said as she was walking slowly behind Riley who was skipping down the street.

"When did I say that?" Riley asked shocked as she turned towards Maya. Maya rolled her eyes. Today was one of Riley's 'I'm in such a good mood that I don't remember what happened in the past few weeks.'

"About a week ago. Remember it was right after you and Lucas went on that date a few blocks from your house only to see your parents there to for their annual once a week date night." Maya explained making Riley frown.

"Oh yeah. Well today's a new day and life is all about forgiving. Plus it's half price smoothie day." Maya chuckled and rolled her eyes as she started to follow Riley into Topanga's.

Suddenly Maya was turned around and pushed right back out of Topanga's by Riley who had some what of a distraught look on her face.

"But then again seeing my parents at that restaurant was very humiliating and now that I think of it, I could use a break. Lets go to your house and study instead." Riley said in a rushed voice. Maya chuckled and turned back around to stop her.

"Common Riley you love smoothie Friday. You were excited just a second ago what could possibly happen in a second?" Maya asked as she tried to look around Riley but Riley moved everywhere she would move to keep her from seeing.

"Nothing, nothing I just know that you're right and I'm wrong. So let's go." Riley tried to pull Maya back but Maya shook her arm off of her and went inside of Topanga's.

As Maya went inside shaking her head and laughing at Riley's weird behavior, her smile soon vanished as she looked up to see Josh and a girl sitting really close in a booth with a text book opened in front of them. Suddenly it felt like the wind had been knocked out of her.

Maya stood there for a second thinking that maybe Josh was just hanging out with a friend but all of those positive thoughts vanished too as she watched the girl lean in and kiss Josh on the cheek before closing the book. Maya turned around to see a sad Riley in front of her.

"I'm so sorry Maya, I didn't know." Maya just shook her head as she started to take deep breaths.

"We should go do our schoolwork somewhere else." Maya said making Riley nod her head as she led her best friend away from Topanga's.

"Thanks for helping me study Josh, you're a life saver." Sydney smiled as she leaned in and kissed Josh's cheek as a thank you.

"No problem. Are you sure your boyfriend was okay with this?" He asked her. Josh didn't want to be hanging out with someone's girl that didn't like it. He wouldn't like anyone hanging out with Maya and him not knowing about it if they were dating.

"Oh yeah! He loves you. He thinks you're the only dude in our school that would help me out and not try to take advantage of it." She said smiling. Josh laughed and nodded his head.

"He's probably right." Sydney laughed as she stood up and put her backpack on her shoulders. 

"Do you want me to walk you home?" He asked as he stood up after her.

"Nah that's okay. I think Drew is going to pick me up. What about your girl, does she know that you're here with me?" Sydney asked in a teasing tone. Josh smiled at Maya's name being brought up.