o3

June 2, 1987

R.

Of course I'd get stuck with Jonathan Byers as my camp counselor. What a joke, and the group was ridiculous. Might as well be the loser's club. And my roommate. Eddie Kaspbrak. Biggest loser of them all and a big-ass mama's boy. I'm surprised his mom even let him leave the house. After his dad died, she's had him on a leash.

"Okay everyone, it's," Jonathan checked his wristwatch, "Ten right now, you're all welcome to settle into your cabins, but we're meeting back in the center for lunch at twelve."

I dragged my luggage into cabin B4, scoffing. Yeah someone kill me b4 I have to share rooms with Eddie Kaspbrak. I bet he needs a respiratory machine to sleep. That shit's gonna keep me up all night.

I threw my bag to the floor, examining the room. It wasn't much but there were at least two beds which meant I wouldn't need to share with Eddie. There were two windows on every wall except the one in the back near the beds. The floors were brown and creaky and there were blue curtains that looked dusty and dated. Jesus, where did they send us?

I noticed a bathroom and I raised my hands above my head, thanking god for the privacy. I walked in, taking it back when I noticed there was only one shower. Not that I'd planned on us both showering at same time but still.

"Well, I'm here and what the fuck is there to do?" I grumbled to myself. I looked ober at the bed. I generally hate naps yet the thought wasn't off-putting. Screw it.  

I decided to choose the bed furthest from the bathroom since Eddie seems like he'd need it more with all his fucked up illnesses. I'm so considerate.

    ➳ ➳ ➳ 

"Shit!" I jumped up at the noise, shuffling around the bedside table for my glasses. 

"Shit! Shit! Sh-"  His voice was squeaky and reminded me of a cat being stepped on. I finally got my glasses on, and was met by Eddie who suddenly looked like a deer caught in headlights. Across the room, he was sprawled out on the floor, surrounded by clothes and with a broken lamp and open suitcase at his side. 

I slowly got out of bed, unsure of what to say for once in my life. He rummaged through the pile of clothes, sighing.  "What the hell? Do you need help?" 

He looked hesitant but nodded anyway.  I crouched down, reaching for a white garment, soon flinching back when I realized what it was.  

"No!" He panicked, reaching for all of his underwear and shoving them under his shirt. I had to laugh.  

"I've seen girl underwear before, don't worry." I snickered, standing in front of him now. Dare I say he looked scared?

He was annoyed now, gritting his teeth and hastily shoving all the clothes back into the suitcase. "Forget it, I can do this myself." 

"Hey, loser. It's a joke." I rolled my eyes.

"Just go back to sleep! I said I can do it myself." I turned around, already annoyed by his squeaky yelling. 

"Loser," I mumbled.

"Asshole." I heard him whisper back. 

    ➳ ➳ ➳ 

so they don't like each other... but they will ;)  

nobody reads this?? but it's still fun??

-weirdo x

 9/14/2017   @     12:15 AM