Selenophilia ; Tsukishima X Reader

SELENOPHILIA
(n.)
Loving the moon and finding it soothingly captivating.

Tsukishima Kei was deeply, and utterly enthralled with the sight of the moon. Just catching a glimpse of the frosty, otherworldly object provided him with a spark of jubilation. He would often go out of his way, just to grasp even the slightest sight of the moon.

Waking up at 5:00 am was an everyday activity for Kei. Whether it take place during the humid summers, or the blustery winters. He didn't care for any aspect of the weather. All he cared for, was sighting a small sliver of the moon peaking out from behind the vagrant white collection of water crystals.

During the months of summer, Kei would awaken himself, and dress himself nicely. He would grab his small, thin blanket as well as his mint green Polaroid camera. He would quietly vacate his home, and make it onto the pale sidewalk. He would drape his attenuated blanket across his shoulders, as his Polaroid camera hung around his neck.

The morning summer breeze would weave through his body, and flow about with his blanket. It was almost as if the wind and the blanket were friends, and they were simply dancing around with one another. Kei adored the breeze though. He loved the feeling of the small, wisps of air flowing throughout his already messy blonde hair.

Kei would invariably walk to the park, and sit underneath his favorite cherry blossom tree. He would rest his blanket in the exact same locality, right beside the tree's wooden trunk. His back would lay upon the tree trunk, as his eyes would gaze up into the all to familiar abyss. His eyes would scan each and every star ever so carefully, before his golden orbs would reach the luminous moon. His eyes would twinkle and shine as the moon's light would radiate off of his compassionate eyes.

He would slowly lift his Polaroid, his eyes never withdrawing from the moon. He would delicately place his camera exactly in front of his left eye. He would clench his right eye shut, while his left eye stayed open and alert. He would angle and tilt his camera, making sure he captured the most perfect perspective of the scene lying out in front of him. Once he found the exact locus he wanted to keep forever with him, he would snap the picture. He would then lower his camera, and open his right eye once again. He would patiently wait for the picture to print out from his camera.

When the camera would finish printing out the picture, he would carefully pull it out and take a peek at it. He would either fall in love with the picture and add it to his collection, or he'd shake his head at the flawed picture and repeat the previous process all over again.

Soon enough, the summer weather would change, and the crisp winter's air would shift throughout the environment. The cherry blossom's situated from above his head, would begin to fall and land in his messy blonde hair. The cherry blossoms would quickly disperse, as snow would take over the tree's branches. Clouds would take over the inky sky, concealing the moon behind them.

Kei gave no mind.

He would continue his actions, and sit in the cold all morning. He would accept the snow that would twirl down from the sky and dance throughout his figure. He wouldn't mind the coldness biting at his ears and cheeks. For he very much was keen on the clouds hiding the moon. Although he couldn't ever get a clear image of the moon with it being hidden, the moon's bright rays never failed to light up the clouds. It was a beautiful sight, Kei would admit. The way he could see the ridges and edges of the clouds, and how the clouds faded from a light misty color to a dark and mysterious pigment.

His camera captured each and every moment perfectly. He was ever so thankful for that. He thought capturing every enjoyable moment in his life, was definitely what he wanted to carry throughout his growth as a person. He would place all of his quintessential photographs in a photo book, making sure no scratch or blemish made its way onto his captured scenes.