Chapter 31: Sad Beautiful Tragic

We had a beautiful magic love there
What a sad beautiful tragic love affair

"W-water,"

My throat is dry. My lips are chapped. My eyes are heavy. My head feels like being hammered. My whole body is numb while my heart is aching.

"W-water," I repeat, still struggling for the words to come out.

I wasn't even sure if my mouth opened as I said the word. Forcing my eyes open I was blinded by the bright lights. Where am I? No idea.

"Sweetie, you're awake! Thank God!" My mother's sweet voice gave me a sort of safe feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Her face is pale while her eyes are wet. Was she crying? For what? Looking around, I saw an unfamiliar white walls, white linen curtains and the sound of something beeping.

"W-where a-am I-I?" I asked, still struggling.

Mom went to me and held my hand. "You are in the hospital, you've got in an accident and you were asleep for five days," Mom explained as she continues to cry. "I was so scared that I was going to lose you," she sobbed.

Realization came to me as I tried to remembered what happened. Was I in the accident. Then a flashback of the Prom night crashes to me.

The dress.

The car.

The music.

Harry telling me he's applied to NYU to be with me.

Then Kendall and her minions.

The game.

The dare.

The lies.

The truth.

I was played.

I was played by the person I trusted the most. And it was the most humiliating moment in my life. Worst is the bearer of the bad news was even the girl who hated me the most. I feel like crying again. But I held back my tears. Harry don't deserve a single tear from me.

Then I remember driving his car. And him following me and running over the red light.

"I'll just get Dr. Willis," mom whispered as she presses her lips on my forehead.

Opening my eyes widely, my head still hurts. Seeing my right foot slightly elevated and covered in bandage. Both of my hands have different tubes on it. And I also have oxygen on my nose. All in all my body is heavy and I feel pain all over me. But there's nothing more painful than my heart getting crushed into million little pieces. I never thought that the night that I thought would be the happiest moment in my life will turn out like the nightmare I can never wake up from.

My thoughts were interrupted as the door opened, the doctor walking in the room, followed by my mom and two female nurses.

The two female nurses went to check my I-V while the other checked my vitals.

"Everything is normal doctor," the other female nurse says.