the end

Trigger warning: mention of many sensitive topics.

→read this with an open mind, we already got many close minded people in our country
→everyone deserves happiness

Unedited.

The Beginning of the End

HIS THROAT WAS PARCHED.

If someone were to rub a sandpaper against the inside of his throat, he wouldn't feel a thing. He shuffled a bit, his sore ass and the empty feeling on his left clearly indicating that indeed, he slept on his couch.

A soft snore and a heavy exhale on his neck broke him away from his thoughts. He blinked once. Twice.

The woman lying next to him is still in a deep slumber; she doesn't move when he traces her cheeks, her jaw and her bare shoulder that tells the story of the burden too heavy she bears at a young age. His fingers found their way to her lower stomach and he cracked a smile through his sleepy haze.

He is going to be a dad.

Paarth Kansal, 26, an HR manager, is finally going to have a small life to hold in his too big, callused hands and he couldn't be happier.

Geetika snored again and he almost cooed at her cuteness when the bell rung, echoing through the silence of the house.

So, that's what woke him up.

He rolls onto his side, without disturbing his wife and stood up. Maybe it was because they slept on the couch, tired after celebrating their precious time or because​ of his still elated self but Paarth felt like floating. He can't do anything else but try to get his heart rate to slow down and for everything to stop moving.

"Who's there?" He asked in a groggy tone and cleared his throat.

"Delivery!"

His face scrunched up in confusion and instinctively he looked at the clock as he swore at himself for forgetting his glasses.

He was pretty sure, him and Geetika went to sleep at around 7:30 p.m. and guessing from his still drooping eyes, he wouldn't have slept for more than three hours.

Deliveries aren't supposed to come at this late hour.

He opened the door and surprisingly enough, the sun was still beating down on them with its full enthusiasm and the delivery man wiped the sweat dripping down his forehead with his sleeve before thrusting a small packet in his hands as he fumbled with the small device in his hands, clicking through it quickly.

"Brother, next time open the door a little bit quicker, will ya?" He said as a Paarth signed the gizmo with the stick.

"I am sorry. I- I was sleeping," Paarth said with a sheepish smile before holding up a finger. "Wait for a second."

He quickly ran inside to the kitchen not before throwing the package onto the coffee table and picked up the box from the counter and poured a glass of water.

After picking up his glasses and making sure that, yes, it is still two in the afternoon, he made his way to the door and handed the glass of water to the delivery man earning a genuine smile in return. "We need more people like you in this world, brother."

Paarth answered him with a smile and opened the box exposing the delicious orange treat Geetika and him bought right after they left the hospital.

The man hesitated before picking up one and biting through it unsurely. "What's the occasion?"