Chapter Twenty Four

HOLY COW THANK YOU FOR GETTING ME TO #7 IN FANFICTION
_____________________________

Carter's Point of View

I stared at him, my face turning as red as a tomato. "Are you sure you're alright? There's a long cut on your arm," I pointed out as I took a small step back and grabbed a hold of his arm.

"Uh. . ." He rubbed the back of his head and slowly pulled his arm out of my grip. "That's a long story, doesn't really need explaining." I nodded and stared at him once again. I tilted my head and wondered, how could a beautiful human being such as Harry live in a world where he's wanted for countless things he'd never do.

"Damn it, Carter. C'mere already," He groaned, opening his arms again, waiting for me to hug him. I wrapped my arms around his waist and placed my head against his chest, listening to his unsteady heartbeat.

"W-What happened in there?" I whispered, tightening my grip as he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me as close to him as possible, causing me to look up.

"Nothing you would want to know, darling," He replied, looking down at me. He gently rested his forehead against mine and gazed into my eyes. The little red veins in his eyes were visible, but I decided against asking more of the same question. I could tell he was in pain, but he was trying to hide it. His eyes trailed down to my lips, making me nervous.

"Carter," He began, licking his lips and closing his eyes. "I. . . I need to leave."

"I'll come," I replied, my eyebrows furrowed.

"No," He stated. "He wants to split us, but he can't do it unless you're gone for good. I don't want him to fucking hurt you, ok?"

"What am I supposed to do? I can't just go on with my life. I found you, and now you're leaving me," I told him, my eyes watering. My emotions were already going ballistic.

"I can't stay!"

"Then neither can I!" I shot back, pulling out of his grip as I glared at the only man who knew how to make my heart beat in such an abnormal way. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"You don't get it," He started.

"All I don't get is why you have to leave me! It's-"

"How can I live here when every damn institution wants me brainwashed, every damn business wants to rob me and every damn form of government fucking wants me enslaved," He shouted, staring at me with the familiar crazy eyes. "Things are just going to get worse for me, for you!"

"You can't just leave me, Harry," I whispered, watching his shoulders heave up in down. "I'd miss you." I looked down and bit my lip to keep myself from crying, which miserably failed.

"Don't cry," He mumbled, stepping forward. His words only made me cry even more. "Carter, stop. You're making it so damn hard." Pulling me against his chest, he buried his head in my neck. I broke out into a sob, fisting his dirty orange jumpsuit in my hands. I suddenly felt a pair of warm lips graze against my neck, catching me off guard.

"H-Harry," I stuttered-while sniffling-as he hummed and continued laying out soft kisses. "Please don't leave me alone," I mumbled, my lip quivering. He paused for a long moment before he pulled away.

"I'm not leaving you, Carter," He slowly whispered, making me sigh in a big relief.

"P-Promise?"

"I promise," He lifted his head and gave me a gentle kiss on the cheek.

"Besides, didn't you tell him he can't kill God's angel," I whispered, cupping his face in my hands. A smirk spread across his face before he suddenly captured my lips in his.