Chapter 14

Alec pulled me closer and I rested one hand on the side of his neck, while the other made it's own way round to his hair as he tilted his head slightly and deepened the kiss.

We drew back, in need of air, and Alec rested his forehead against mine, eyes closed and the biggest smile I'd ever seen on his face.

"Is that what you wanted to talk about?" I teased.

He looked down at me and laughed, nodding. I grinned, standing up on my toes and connected our lips again. While the first kiss was more gentle and cautious, this one was filled with passion. I took a fistful of Alec's shirt, pulling his chest flat against mine. After hearing what sounded almost like a cheer, we broke apart. I looked to my right; through the huge glass window, and I could see everybody inside watching us. I found that it was Jace who had cheered.

I groaned, hiding my face in Alec's chest and he laughed again, wrapping his arms around me. He kissed the top of my head before letting me go and holding out his hand. I took it and intertwined our fingers, making our way back inside.

Before we'd made it two steps back inside, Jace launched himself at us, enveloping us in a hug. "Izzy is going to be so pissed she missed this," He said with a wide grin.

"Hey! We are not the provided entertainment!" I smacked Jace on the shoulder, but couldn't help the smile that came to my lips. I stepped around him, Alec in tow and saw that Simon and Magnus were helping a freshly bandaged Luke stand. They guided him off in the direction of the bedrooms for rest, Clary following after them.

"Why didn't Isabelle come?" I asked, turning back to the boys.

Jace shrugged and looked to Alec. "She's busy appeasing the force that is our mother," Alec replied. "I reported to her, as I said I would, then came straight here."

Jace clapped Alec on the back in that odd affectionate way, "I'm glad you came."

Alec smiled at Jace then looked at me, "Me too."

Jace laughed and added, "Yeah, I'll bet," with a cheeky grin.

I chuckled shaking my head, and saw Magnus and Simon returning.

"Well, that was something," Simon said, raising his eyebrows and gesturing around at the whole apartment, making it hard to determine which part of the evening he was referring to. "And as much as I'd love to stay and see how the rest of this eventful evening pans out, I'm going home." Simon turned to leave but after a few steps was stopped by Jace calling his name. Simon turned around and the two boys made eye contact for a couple of seconds. Jace opened his mouth, as if trying to find the right words to say but Simon shook his head, an understanding half smile residing across his face. "It's cool." The two boys nodded at each other, and with that, Simon left.

Magnus joined us with a brief gesture of acknowledgement to both boys, then turned to me. "Samara, what you did tonight, it saved Luke's life." I half shrugged, not really knowing how else to respond. "No actually, not just Luke's life, but mine too. If I'd have carried on without your help, I would have..." He trailed off, only just realising what could have happened.

I felt Alec squeeze my hand and I looked up to see pride, shining brilliantly in his eyes.

"So, what, that's Alec's, mine, Luke's and Magnus' lives you have single handedly saved now," Jace pretended to count off on his fingers. "Man, Clary, Simon and Isabelle must feel really left out," He joked.

I snorted, "Hardly." I looked back down the hallway that Luke had been taken down. "I'm gonna go see Luke and Clary," I said to the boys. Magnus and Jace murmured in agreement and Alec leaned down to kiss me on the cheek before I let his hand go, and made my way to my family.