Chapter Four: Who Invited the Nerd?

I was starting to get desperate at this point.

"So what will it be?" I asked myself in a game show host voice. "Outfit number one? Outfit number two? Or outfit number three?"

I hopped over to the place opposite from where I'm facing. I rubbed my chin and tapped my foot, looking like I'm pondering to myself.

"I don't know. They all look like good choices. I just can't seem to choose."

You could see it now. Front page: Girl Who Talks to Herself Will be Sent to Psychopath Ward. But until I'm sentence to a place like that, I need to choose an outfit. Each outfit is different in their own way, in different combinations. Jeans with cute top, shorts with another cute top, and skirt with a cuter top. I have a cute top. There was a fourth choice of a dress, but I thought better than to choose that. So maybe the skirt or outfit number two is out. 

I sat on my bed and stared at the clothes. The kids in my school have always made this one of the reasons to make fun of me, my sense of style. It's not like I have a bad sense of style. I know good designs when I see it, what's in and what's out. I know what are good combinations for the outfits, and accessories that would match with it. But even if they do know that, it won't matter. They would always find ways to insult me, even if they weren't true. How fat I am even when I'm not, how ugly I am even thought I'm not, in my eyes I mean, and how smart I am- Oh wait, never mind, I don't really care about that. So I just wear simple outfits, mostly jeans and a top, something that I won't mind would get dirty if I crash on the ground or accidentally have food spilled on me. So it's a bit of a cycle. They bully me, I wear simple clothes, and they bully me about that. 

But maybe this is a chance for me to show them. To prove them wrong that I actually have a sense of style. The look in their faces when I have an outfit better than them. I smirked, oh when the time comes... I tossed the outfits out of my bed and took something out of my closet. Girls, you know that one outfit you think is perfect and will either always where it, or save it for a special occasion? Well I got a perfect one.

I heard a loud beep from outside the house.

"Naomi! There's a car outside waiting for you!" My mother called out to me from downstairs.

My eyes widened, it's the guys. I froze, I shouldn't be so excited. Or maybe I should. They kept their promise and came to pick me up. From all of the treatment I get at school, I expected them to ditch me. But either way they're here, and waiting for me. 

I looked back at my mom and she smiles. "Yes, now go have fun. Come back by 10, and if you come back later that's fine too. Just give us a call."

"Okay. And be sure to do something now that I'm out of the house." I said, before adding. "But not anything that would traumatize me for life. Just a dinner or something."

My parents shared a look, a weird mischievous look. Then they looked back at me.

"Okay dear, bye!"

I left with my phone, wallet and keys in my pocket. I don't like carry purses, I like being hands free when walking. Bennett beeped the car again and I waved at them.

"I'm here, I'm here!" I exclaimed.

After getting into the car, we drove off into the night.

We arrived to the party in a couple of minutes. The house was a couple of blocks from mine. I didn't know any Rider or Rodney that they lived near me. But the place looked oddly familiar, like I went there or something. But it was dark, so maybe it was just my imagination. 

The house was the brightest thing in the neighborhood. All of the windows has light blaring out of them. You could hear techno beating out of the house. Actually I could feel the vibrations from the car. We got out of the car and walked towards the light. There were trash and random stuff on the lawn, like bottles, clothes, furniture and a toilet seat.