The Countesse of Blood: Chapter V

Archer was sitting on the sofa of his room, with the girl he brought sleeping in his bed. After his return, all of the butler and maids were to question him about why he came this late, but Archer ordered them to get a room ready, for the woman who was attacked during the night, and learnt that only his room was suitable. He did not waste a moment and along with the girl who was wrapped by his coat to be sheltered from the cold of night, he entered his room, put her on the bed and checked if she had lost any amount of magical energy. Every person had magical energy, let it be magus or not. A magus might be able to reproduce mana within his/her body, but even a normal person had a strong source of it as well, which was called soul. 

Fortunately, all she did lose was her consciousness, and she would wake up within an hour. Now, all he could do was to wait for the other servants to finish their jobs and come to his room, to discuss what to do, which did not take a long time. With Liliana as an exception, who was still dealing with the dishes, every of 9 servants arrived. Archer told them to have their seats before talking. 

"What do you know about the cases of missing young women?" Archer questioned. 

"There are rumours that they were being kidnapped by a person in a cloak, which is as dark as a shade." Joseph, the head servant, replied. "Also, even though it is a bit of a ridiculus talk, they have seen the one within cloak being faster than a horse and flying." Archer put his hand under his chin before answering.

"What the rumours say is true, the one within cloak surely was a vampire." Archer said, leaving everyone to gasp.

"But, how can you be sure, Mister Archer?" One of the maids asked.

"I have met it, because. The Bloodsucker was to kill this woman if I did not arrive on time. All I could learn of her that our suspicious is a woman, is able to use blackmagic, and is stronger than a regular human being." Everyone in the room held their breaths, being unable to say a thing. Although that, if the situation was not like this, Archer would bet that some would even laugh at him since he was talking about magic and vampires. "Whit this said, we know of her weaknesses as well. Since our opponent is a vampire, it only can work at dark. She won't be able to do so at the moment, since she was injured, and she must be willing to heal herself now."

"Wait!" A maid cried out. "Why this... monster is our opponent? We are just mere humans, rather than that we are not even soldiers!"

"I know of it, but if there is something I know as well, then it is the fact that The Bloodsucker is willing to lay her hands on our lady, Elizabeth Bathory." Once again, everyone gasped, and this caused the girl sleeping to murmur something annoyedly. 

"But, why would she want to?" Joseph asked. 

"I do not know the reason, unfortunately." Archer lied. "But, she was able to identify me as the butler of Elizabeth Bathory, and asked me if I could assend a meeting for them. She surely has her eyes on us, even only according to this, and I am sure that her move shall not be late." As he finished his words, his door was banged, and a voice asked for permission. It was Lily. 

After Archer allowed her to, she slowly opened the door and got in, and while walking towards to the empty place of sofa next to Archer, she saw the girl in the bed. Her eyes grew wider as the girl in the bed woke up, murmuring something. Archer heard it clearly, but doubted if others did so, the words of "elder sister". Lily stopped at the middle, turned to her sister, and once their eyes met, she quickly hugged her sister with tears of joy coming from her eyes.

Well, Archer thought while watching the scene, this surely was unexpected. He let the sisters have their reunion, with lots of angry/worried elder sister moments, and coughed to regain the attention, which he succeded. 

"Joseph," Archer called out. "make sure that every material needed for anything bought within daytime. No one shall be leaving the mansion during the night, alright?" Everyone approved, and Archer caught the gaze of the sister of Lily. "Secondly, none of the maids shall be leaving the mansion alone, let it be day or night. You shall have a butler with you, even if the job can be finished alone. We all know that her targets are women bellow 25, which makes everyone of those maids targets. Have we arrived to an agreement?" He got nods again. "Thirdly, my lady, Elizabeth Bathory, shall not be knowing any of this. I do not want her to get scared." 

"For her to know what is happening might be good of a choice, actually." A butler mentioned. "In the other hand, for her to be living with the fear of death is unthinkable, she just have recovered from her depression thanks to you, Mister Archer, and neither we want her to lose the joy of life she recieved lately." 

"My sincerest thanks for the agreement. Then forthly, during daytime, I shall not leave the side of milady, but during nights, I shall be looking for The Bloodsucker, while every of you were protecting my lady. My task to complete is to take down that vampire. Deal?"

"I thought you had come for the little problem of Lady Elizabeth? Was there a purpose even behind?" A maid questioned. 

 "I cannot tell you the reason." Archer said. "But, even though it, I require your assistance." First, they looked at each other and discussed something without talking, then they all agreed with him. "And lastly, may I ask you who you are, young lady?" Archer asked with a smile as he looked at her. She got blushed a little but managed to introduce herself. 

"I am Mia, at your service." She said after she stood up and bowed. 

"Such a beautiful name, I dare say." Archer said. "Was that name given to you for this harmony  of names between you and your elder sister?" 

"Who knows what our parents think of?" She said after she laughed shortly. 

"I see. Lady Mia, may I require you to stay here for tonight? It surely is not safe outside due to... reasons, as you see. Would it not be good to spend some time with your elder sister?" 

"Do we have any beds ready?" A maid mentioned. "Unfortunately, I believe not." One other replied. 

"If that is the case," Archer began talking. "then allow her to sleep in this room. I am not someone who sleeps much, also I shall be watching over the mansion since a guardian is needed."

"I-is it really suitable?" Mia asked, embarrassed. After Archer gave permission, she accepted his offer greatfully. But after Archer caught the cold stares of Lily towards her sister, Archer offered Lily to stay with her since she might have been scared because of all she had been through. Lily accepted this offer even more greatfully than her sister. 

"I see that everything is being understood. Very well then, you all may return to your rooms, I shall be at the roof to look after the building." He said which he got his answer by acknowledgements. After he wished a good night for both Liliana and Mia, he began to walk upstairs, with the eyes of a man whose rage could wreck many castles at the moment, which was seen by no one.