Journey (3)

Siri is sitting on the balcony enjoying the setting sunshine and the fresh air blowing towards her. There were red lanterns being hung as the pathways were being swept up. Inside of her bedroom, her maids were decorating it with her paintings she painted of her and Ryu. It was paintings of their journey together as wife and husband.

One was her point of view of the first time she saw him in the carriage as he picked her up from her wedding progression. Her first sight of him was as if he was devilishly handsome and dangerous.

One was their wedding night, where he slept on the bed and she slept on the floor.

One was of them sharing a cup of tea. Siri holding the teacup in between them with his hand holding her hand as if to hand off the teacup off to him.

In total there were twenty paintings she did of them together. Their memories were painted on the canvases, retelling their story and their journey together.

That day was their wedding anniversary and Siri wanted it to be special. Ryu had been busy for the past couple of weeks, ensuring the fall examinations were being prepared correctly, that taxes were getting collected, that his people were ready for winter. He would come to in late at night after she's already in bed and leave before she could even wake up.

But when he come back to their bed, he would make sweet love to her, reminding themselves just how precious they are to each other.

Siri waited alone inside of their bedroom for Ryu to come to her. The night wind blew as she sat by the window. From above, a dark shadow covered the moonlight for a second before the shadow lands in front of her, making her scream out in surprise. Siri immediately grabs hold of her heart as the shadow stepped forward into the moonlight and Ryu's handsome features smiled warmly at her.

"Don't scare me that way!" Siri scolded him as she hit him with her puny strength.

Ryu grabs hold of her arms and wraps it around his waist before he embraces her into his.

"Did you think I would forget this day?" Ryu asked as he kissed the crown of her head. "Today is our special day. The day you married me. The day you decided to stay and be with me. Today is a day I would never forget."

Ryu holds Siri for a long time before Siri pulls out and leads him inside.

"I have a present for you." Siri said as she shows him her paintings.

Ryu hold her hands as he walks along with her and looks at each painting. A smile on his face as he is reminded of their times together. With each painting they would talk about what happened and what they were feeling at the time. They would laugh about their times together. One after another they walked around the room until the last one. Which was hung right above the bed, a red curtain was hiding the painting.

"This is our future life. One in which has not happened yet, but will." Siri told him. "Take off the curtain."

Ryu reached out and pulled the curtain off. His heart stopped as he looked at the painting. The red curtain fell to the ground as his hand shook.

The painting is of Ryu holding a baby in a red dragon blanket. With Siri beside Ryu, looking lovingly at their baby.

Tears runs down Ryu's eyes and he stares at the painting without blinking.

"What do you think?" Siri said softly.

Ryu stared at the painting in a daze as Siri pulls his hand that she was holding and places it on her stomach.

Ryu whips his head around to stare at his hand then back at Siri, then back at his hand.

"I've confirmed it with the royal doctor. I'm three months along." Siri told him.

It's been exactly three months since she woke up. Three month ago where he told her he couldn't hold himself back and had his way with her the whole night. Where she called out his name over and over again that night. Where they made sweet love in the morning, so sweet that she cried at how beautiful being together made her feel.

Ryu gathers her into his arms and sits her down across his lap, holding her gently as if she would break. His hand on her stomach, trying to feel their baby.

"Happy?" Siri said as she leaned her head against his shoulder.

"Em." Ryu replied as he tried to hold his emotions inside.

"Having fun?" Siri asked as she giggles.

"Em." Ryu told her while nodding his head. "Are you?"

"As long as husband is happy and having fun, wife is also happy and having fun." Siri sighs into the nook of his neck and shoulder.

"Wife." Ryu said gruffly, trying his hardest not talk while having his voice waver.

"Hmm?" Siri asked.

"You did not disappoint this Husband." Ryu said. "This day, will be and shall forever be, the day that this King. This Husband, received the best blessings in this husband's life. First a wife, second her love, trust and support, third our child."

Ryu squeezes Siri into his embrace, causing her to giggle some more. Her heart felt light and it felt full.

"Siri. My wife. My love. My life." Ryu said as he lifts her face up to him. He kisses her eyes her nose and her mouth with each word that he says. His large hand covers her stomach again as he looks into her liquid silver eyes. "The one thing my brother did right was making you my wife. And this Husband can never thank all my lucky stars and all the Gods enough for bringing us together. It was meant to be. You and me, we were fated to be. It was our destiny."

The End.

******************

Authors note: Wahhhhh!!!!! Another story ends! Thanks for always sticking by me, through all my stories and updates. Thanks for all the love and support. As always, like/comment/share.

-ptd

If you like my stories, please consider supporting my work.  It will be a big help for me to continue writing more stories.  Thank you.

paypal.me/passtheduch
Ko-fi.com/passtheduch