04

June 2, 1987

At half past eleven, the kids of Derry, Maine began filling the camp center with blank faces and empty stomachs. Eddie and Bill walked side by side towards the crowd, Eddie complaining about his roommate while Bill nodded along.

"Can you believe it? We haven't spoken once  since the third grade and now he insults me? What a joke." Eddie went on. Truthfully, Bill was only concerned about his brother, Georgie and not at all about an argument Eddie had about his underwear.  He looked around the center, hoping to catch a glimpse of his sibling. Eddie's yammering on didn't help. 

"He thinks he's so cool with those giant dorky glasses, I mean wha-" Bill put his hand over Eddie's face in attempts to shut him up.

Across camp, near the cafeteria, Mike and Ben were undergoing the same torture. "He just yelled at me. Like a girl," Richie adjusted his glasses, batting his eyelashes and mimicking a young girl's voice. "With his little girl voice. Like go back to sleep!

"What bullshit!"Richie kicked the pebbles at his feet as he looked up at his two friends. Ben shrugged and Mike rolled his eyes. "What?"

"I mean I wouldn't want some dude touching my underwear." Mike crossed his arms, looking around to make sure nobody was listening in on their discussion.

"I agree, it's a little weird." 

"What the hell, guys. Are you seriously stuck on that? I wasn't trying to touch them!" Richie protested. "Man, screw you." With that, he walked away.

A group of girls were waiting by the drinking fountain and he took this as his chance to work his moves. Gretta Keene was  telling a story about all of the new and expensive bracelets her father had bought her yet when asked about them, claimed she'd left them at home. Richie saw through her bullshit but didn't care if it meant he'd get to join the conversation. 

"Hey ladies, I just got a few new things, myself." He said, showing them the half pack of cigarette's he'd smuggled from his mother's bedroom. Gretta smacked her lips, unimpressed.

"What," she crossed her arms, "You steal those from your parents or something,". Richie gave her the finger, mumbling something about being a bitch.

"That crap didn't get you girls in school, it won't work here." Gretta spat at him, the other girls laughing along. They soon composed themselves as Will Byers walked by. He was a bit younger but they all watched him with soft eyes. 

"What the hell was that?" Richie scoffed. "You guys want Will?"

"You're such an idiot. Will is g-a-y. Gay." One girl spoke.  

"Yeah, he's dreamy. For twelve year old." Another girl said. 

Richie couldn't believe his ears. What was wrong  with these girls? 

      ➳ ➳ ➳ 

  so Eddie and Richie can't stop talking about each other sksk -weirdo x 

9/14/17 @ 12:21 PM