-22-

The weeks that passed after Sirius and Charlotte got together and it had been quiet

The weeks that passed after Sirius and Charlotte got together and it had been quiet. Noting special had happened and Sirius and Charlotte had been getting closer and closer. James was the only one who was getting annoyed by the couple, he didn't like seeing his daughter with anyone, and it didn't help that it was his best friend.

Marlene and Charlotte had been working on their friendship and they were getting along better than anyone expected. Alice and Lily couldn't have been happier, their two best friends were getting along, finally. They had realized that they had more in common then they thought.

So when it was getting closer to christmas you could feel the different emotions in the air. Some were getting more and more exited to go home and see their families again, and some were loving the feeling of the castle as the holidays was getting closer.

There was a few people that weren't looking forward to the holidays, they were getting more and more stressed out about the whole thing.

"How are you feeling?" James asked Charlotte for the third time this morning. He was trying to deal with his feelings about the whole thing, and this was how he was doing it.

"I'm fine, like I said the other times you asked." Charlotte couldn't help but to roll her eyes and smile at the same time. She loved how much he cared, but at the same time she didn't want to think about the thing that was laying in front of her. It wasn't long now before she had to leave, and she didn't want to face it yet.

"I just want you to be okay." James said with soft eyes, and put his hands arms around Charlotte.

"I know. It's just hard thinking about leaving."

"I understand."

"I don't want to leave, but at the same time I need to go back to Harry." Charlotte could feel the tears growing in her eyes and didn't want to let them escape. She didn't want James to see how much this was truly affecting her.

"I don't know what to say." James didn't know what to say, he could even begin to imagine what she was going through. It was hard for him, but for her it had to be a hundred times worse.

"I miss him so much, he is my other half. But just thinking about leaving breaks my heart." This time she couldn't hold back the tears and they were now running down her cheeks.

"I wished that you didn't have to choose." James was feeling the tears starting to grow in his eyes too.

"Me too." They just stayed silent after that, not talking, just sitting with James arm around Charlotte.

Later that day Sirius and Charlotte was walking around the grounds alone. Their hands were tightly holding on to each other and Charlotte couldn't stop smiling. For once Charlotte wasn't thinking about leaving, just thinking about Sirius and how she had his hand in hers.