13

Aaron is home now and he has been for a day or so. I haven't heard much more than a few words from Jennifer when she gets the chance to text me. I worry about her a lot more now knowing what Aaron is capable of. He pushed her into a damn table because he assumed she was cheating on him. I can only imagine his reaction when she ends things today.

I sit with my phone in my hand for the next few hours waiting to get a call from her. When it finally rings, my heart starts racing.

"Hey, you okay?" I ask.

She sounds upset, but she's trying to hide that. "I'm okay. He's angry and I just left. Can I come over?" She asks.

Shit. My mom is home... "Um, yeah. Just text me when you get here." I say and she hangs up.

I swallow hard and head into the office downstairs to talk to my mom about Jennifer.

It's a hard conversation, and she isn't too thrilled about it, which I expected.

"I can't believe you, Leah." She groans, disappointed.

"Mom, please. It's my choice."

"You make a lot of poor ones." She says and I shake my head and try to keep my cool.

I eventually get her on board (at least for now) and then I see Jen's name on my screen. I head outside and help her grab one of her bags and she comes inside with me. I put her bag down and hug her tightly and she lays her head on my shoulder and squeezes me back, "thank you." She whispers and kisses me quickly. I nod and I hear my mom clear her throat.

"You two have met..." I say and Jennifer smiles awkwardly and waves at my mom.

"Good to see you, Jennifer." She says.

"You too. Congratulations on becoming a grandmother." Jennifer says.

I shoot my mom a look and she sighs, "thank you."

"Come on, let's head upstairs." I say and my mom stops us.

"She can take the basement... it's got more space and it's private." My mom says.

"She's coming with me." I say.

"Why? I'm sure she'd rather be alone going through all this..." my mother insists.

I roll my eyes and send Jennifer up the stairs while I talk to my mom.

"She's sleeping with me. Yes, mom. We are two grown, consenting adults who have sex. I know that's what you want to ask me. Just leave it alone, she's going through some stuff right now." I say in a low voice.

My mom just stands there in silence while I walk away. I'm grown, I do not need her giving me hell about this.

* * *

I just finished cleaning the kitchen and now I'm headed upstairs for the night. Jennifer went up early and told me she was going to sleep.

I walk into my bedroom and don't see her in the bed, but I notice the bathroom light is on. I quietly go to the door and push it open and she looks at me from the bathtub, covered in bubbles up to her neck.

I grin and raise my eyebrows at her, "that's not the bed...." I tease and lean against the counter.

She licks her lips slowly and bends both of her knees and motions for me to come closer. I kneel down beside the tub and look at her. She's got those sleepy/sexy eyes and it's killing me. She laces her wet fingers with mine and pulls my hand down into the warm water and between her legs.

"Ahh-" she moans quietly and presses her forehead against mine, "I need you to fuck me."  She whispers, truly desperate.

"It'd be my pleasure." I say and quickly get to work.

* * *

Waking up with Jennifer right beside me is the most comforting feeling in the world. She's so peaceful and gorgeous and ugh- it's amazing. I quietly reach over to the side and grab my MacBook and check on work stuff, in the process of this Jennifer wakes up.

"Mm- what are you doing? It's too early." She mutters and comes closer, resting her head on my arm.

"Working." I say.

She looks up at me and smiles softly, "you're cute." I laugh and then I see the door open.

My mom stands in the doorway staring at us and Jennifer gets very quiet and still. "Morning, girls. I'll be back soon. I have to run some errands." My mom announces.

I nod my head and she leaves, closing the door behind her.

"That scared me." Jennifer laughs.

I raise my eyebrows, "why?"

"Because!" She says as she lifts up the blanket, showing me that she is wearing nothing but a t-shirt. I shake my head and she goes to find herself some panties and leggings.

Hours pass and we're downstairs eating pasta on the couch.

"You okay?" I ask her and she looks at me and shrugs softly. "You know I love you, and last night was great... but I know you're hurting. I'm here if you wanna talk." I tell her.

She nods and sighs, "I'm okay. I don't want to talk about anything." She says and gets up to take her bowl back into the kitchen. "And for the record..." she comes closer and grins at me, "last night wasn't great. It was fucking magnificent." She giggles. I shake my head and laugh to myself.

"What's funny?" My dad asks as he enters the room.

I shake my head, "nothing." I say.

Jennifer comes back and sits beside me.

"Tomorrow night we are having a birthday dinner for your mom. People will be here around 5:00pm, Jennifer you're welcome to stay." My dad explains.

Jen nods and looks at me for approval.

"If you want." I say and she nods her head yes.

Having her around for family stuff after everything that has happened... this could go one of two ways.