[Chapter 66]: Home

"Katsukiiiii, what year is it? I feel like I've just returned from the dead." You grumbled against Katsuki's back, still hanging over his shoulder.

"You damn idiot. You're fine, don't listen to that old hag." He continued walking down the dimly lit street, glaring at any passerby's who looked at him funny. "If you're don't acting petrified, I'm dropping you."

"Wait... Give me a second too-"

"Three, two, one." Katsuki counted quickly before pulling you back forward and down against his chest. He plopped you down in front of him, taking extra care to make sure you didn't fall over. You glanced up at him and chuckled.

"You're such a softy Katsuki."

"I am not, the fuck."

"You said you were gonna drop me, not carefully set me down like I'm made out of glass." Katsuki became visibly irritated by your words. A vein popped out of his forehead as he swiveled on his heels back in the direction of his house.

"On second thought, get your shit yourself. I'm gonna go eat all your food-"

"NO I'M SORRY, YOU'RE NOT A SOFTY. LOVE ME KATSUKIII!" You cried sarcastically while grabbing his shirt.

"No."

"I'll give you a kiss."

He paused briefly.

"...Is it gonna be a shitty peck on the cheek?" He grumbled.

I got him now.

"Nope, any kind of kiss you want~" You replied sweetly.

Katsuki went silent. You skipped around to the other side of him to glance at his expression. He appeared to be in a daze.

"...Katsuki." Your words snapped him out of his trance."You were thinking impure thoughts weren't you..."

"LIKE FUCKING HELL DIE YOU DAMN SCU-"

You pressed a peck against his lips to cut off his ranting. Upon pulling away, you noticed a light flush on his cheeks.

"Fuck you..."

"Heh, predictable." You chuckled back before intertwining your fingers with his. He didn't protest as you pulled him along down the street. Both of you fell into a peaceful silence.

- - -

When what was once your home came into view your throat tightened. You knew this was going to be hard, but not like this. It was like the world was falling apart all over again. It took you a moment to collect your thoughts. Katsuki stepped back as you used your key to open the door.

You pushed it open and slowly took a few steps forward into the dark room. The floor was clear; the air still and heavy, making it apparent that nobody had been there for awhile. But it still smelled the same. It smelled like all those nights that Takashi had made you ramen and asked you about your day. And now, the once comforting scent induced nothing but pain and sorrow.

"Hurry up, we're not gonna get anything done dicking around here-" Katsuki stopped when he saw your face. You were completely frozen, knees shaking, eyes wide.

"Katsuki... I-I..."

I can't do this.

For a moment you just stood there in a daze, spacing out. You weren't crying, you weren't screaming, but you definitely wanted to.