e i g h t

FEBRUARY 28, 2017 | 12:10 pm

JUNGKOOK

⸰ ° ‣

"DO you think you can chew a little quieter, please?" I asked Hoseok who was chewing like a cow. Hoseok slowly stopped chewing and stared at me from across the cafeteria table. Hoseok swallowed his food and gave me an apologetic look.

"Sorry Kookie, I just haven't had breakfast so i'm starving."

"Yeah well next time be more considerate of others, and don't call me that."

"Call you what?"

"That cringe nickname you just made up for me."

"And that being..."

"Kookie!"

"Oh! That! Why not? It's a cute nickname, I think it suits you quiet well actually."

"Fine, then my nickname for you will be shitface."

"Shitface... that's a very unique word! What does it mean?" Hoseok cocked his head slightly in curiosity. I chuckled, amused with what this boy had just said.

"Shitface is another word for..." I sat there, quickly thinking of a word that would satisfy Hoseok and his all too cheerful self. "It means you're awesome."

"Yeah that's right, i'm the shittiest face on this whole entire planet." Hoseok said proudly, crossing his arms over his broad chest, displaying a cocky smile on his face.

And with that I bursted out laughing, quickly covering my mouth to lessen the noise.

"What? Is there something I said that amused you?"

"Yeah."

"And that was?"

"Ahh, nothing. Just finish eating. Lunch is almost over."

"Mhm okay." Hoseok nodded his head in agreement as he began to finish the food remaining on his tray. I watched him eat for a few seconds before finishing my food as well.

The end of the school day finally came by, making me feel at ease knowing that I can just go home and lay in bed, forgetting about the world and my surrounding for a short amount of time. I didn't want Hoseok to follow me today, since that's what he has been doing ever since the day me and him met, so I quickly went to my locker to gather my things and quickly made my way out of the school's building. Maybe if I run home Hoseok wouldn't be able to find me. So that's what I did, I ran as fast as I can towards my home knowing that my bed is there waiting for me to lay on it.

Taking in deep breaths due to all that running, I unlocked the front door and walked in, slipping off my shoes in the entrance.

"I'm home ma!" I called out, but received no answer. I furrowed my eyebrows when I suddenly heard laughing coming from the living room. I walked over, curiosity getting the best if me, but only to see my mom and Hoseok sitting on the floor looking through a binder filled with pictures.

"Oh Jungkook! You're home! Come Hoseok, join us for dinner." Hoseok looked at my mother with a smile and nodded his head while she got up from the floor and headed towards the kitchen.

"Hi Jungkook!" Hoseok smiled brightly with a wave of his hand.

"How did you get here so fast? I didn't even see you." I said, crossing my arms over my chest. "And why are you always coming over to my house? Don't you have your own place to be? Hoseok, you're not giving me any space whatsoever as well, and i'd really appreciate it if you'd just mind your own business now. Just...give me some space, please!" I said, now annoyed with the whole situation.

"Oh, i'm sorry I should have asked you if I could come over...and for annoying you." Hoseok said apologetically. I huffed and mumbled a "whatever" before walking over to the dining table, getting down on my knees and filling up my plate with fresh food.

Hoseok soon joined me, sitting across the table from me with a guilty look displayed on his face.

"Oh, I just remembered that I have a doctors appointment in about 20 minutes!" Hoseok suddenly got up from the floor, startling both me and my mother. "Aish! I'm so sorry, maybe i'll join the both of you for dinner next time!"

"Oh, well that's okay... are you okay Jung Hoseok? Are you feeling well?" My mother said with concern laced into her voice.

"Everything is fine, it's just a yearly check-up." Hoseok casually laughed it off as he began to walk over towards the main door. Hoseok gave me a once glance over before slipping on his shoes and walking out the door, closing it behind him.

"Well that was strange..." My mother noted before shrugging her shoulders slightly. "Jung Hoseok is a nice boy, i'm a bit dissapointed that he won't be joining us for dinner today but hopefully next time for sure." My mother noted before she began to eat her food.

..

A week has gone by since the last time i've seen Hoseok. After the day I had yelled at him, he hasn't been at school. I don't see him in the hallways of our school or on the streets of Seoul.

I wonder where he had gone?

Not that it mattered anyways.

Or did it?