8. Things that are unbelievable to humans

Dan the heartthrob>>>

"This isn't over" Evan said as Ray brought Dan back home. We fought for over an hour. It was mostly him yelling at me and me calmly refusing any possibility of going back. It wasn't the most pleasant reunion with Evan's temper.

I missed them. I had so much to talk. But we had this barrier between us that we couldn't overcome.

Emma calmed us down and promised Evan that we will have the opportunity of having a sensible conversation if we sleep over the shock of meeting our friend after ages.

Evan scoffed but agreed. I couldn't help but smile at the continuous glances he was throwing my way. He missed me like hell. God, that makes me feel so guilty.

___

"Awwww.....look who's here" Emma squealed as Ray made his way to us with Dan in his arms.

I heard Evan snicker "There comes another thing we haven't discussed yet"

I roll my eyes and turn to him "What do you want to know?" I grabbed Dan from Ray and shoved him onto Evan's lap. He was taken aback "Here, he isn't an alien. He isn't a thing. Why don't you check for yourself?"

He quickly held on to Dan as I left Dan without support. Emma moved closer to them.

"He is sooooo cuteeee" Emma giggled. Dan gave her his most charming smile while Evan looked on at Dan like he really was an alien.

By the end of dinner Dan had won Evan over and Evan couldn't keep his hands off Dan. Evan also seemed to be really hostile to Ray although we skipped talking in details about either Dan or Ray.

I smiled at the people around me, I was happy, everything else can wait.

*****

I walk with Ray to his place. His place was two houses away so it really wasn't a walk. I wanted to be out of Evan's earshot.

They retired to the guest room and Dan was asleep. So I took the opportunity to sort my priorities out. I knew my life was going to be a mess from now on. No matter how happy I was to see my friends, their arrival was my doom.

I sat down in a lawn chair in Ray's garden. Ray adjusted to the chair next to me. We sat in silence for a while.

"Remember what I told you about my family?" I asked Ray softly. I was looking at him, eager to see his reaction.

He looked at me for a few moments in silence, his chocolate brown eyes looked relieved "Am I finally getting an explanation?" he cocked his eyebrow and tilted his head with a smile.

I nodded taking my lower lip between my teeth. I needed him to know. I wanted him to second any decision that I make from now on. Dan's secret was out and I knew Evan wasn't the only guest we were going to have in the next few weeks. Ray was the one person after me who deserved to have a say in Dan's life. He was Dan's guardian in my Will after all.

"Your family" he pretended to think "They are in some sort of cult or something so they live in their own small village ruled by the cult leader" he scratched his head looking at me for confirmation.

I nodded my head "Yes. It's a little different from that actually" I played with my fingers nervously, how much information am I allowed to share with him? I would love to pour my heart out though "We are people who are of the same formation, you could say. Because we are similar we stick together. We worship the moon. Our leader kind of puts us together you know coz we tend to be more hot headed and wild"

He chuckled "I didn't know that you shared your traits with fifty other people"

"Seven hundred" I corrected him, his eyes widened