Sirius Black x Reader: Stop it

This is something I wrote and posted a few weeks back on tumblr. I thought that I should probably post it now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sirius Black x Reader: Stop it

Everything was normal, or as normal as things could be with the Marauders. We are making our way down to the dungeons for our potions class, but as normal the boys are messing around, which will undoubtedly make us late. For once, I don't think I'd mind the idea of being late to potions. Who would want to spend such a lovely spring afternoon in the drafty dungeons that often smell like something's burning or rotten eggs?

I made the mistake of looking over at Sirius. He had his trademark smirk on his face, and mischief was sparkling in his eyes. For once, his hair looked decently combed. Sirius was driving me insane. His laid back personality, his laid back composure. The way he talked. How his hands were always stuffed in his pockets or his arms were crossed behind his head. The way he just waltzed throughout the school without a care. Everything, everything he did, everything about him. It was driving me insane.

Without my permission, and without much thought, a sentence tumbled past my lips. "Oh my god, Sirius, stop it." He turned to me with an amused look and a raised eyebrow. "Stop what, (Y/n)?" He asked, his voice smooth and silky. "Just stop, stop being so attractive and mesmerizing." I said, once again without much thought put into it. "Attractive? Mesmerizing? You find me attractive and mesmerizing?" Even if I wasn't looking, I would have been able to hear the smirk behind his words. "I- I have no idea what you are talking about." I stuttered out, playing dumb.

"Oh, but you do. You said, and I quote, stop being so attractive and mesmerizing." James stated, using my words against me with a smirk. "James Potter I said no-" I began to protest, but was cut short. "You don't happen to fancy me, do you (Y/n)?" Sirius asked, the amusement in his eyes and the smirk on his face only growing. I opened and closed my mouth many times to give some sort of answer, but found myself unable. I wouldn't have been able to tell the truth even if I wanted to. The smirk faded from Sirius' face. "You do don't you?" He asked much softer, no longer joking. I looked away to the ground, cheeks warming and tears forming. Not giving him the chance to reject me, or maybe even accept me, I hurried off with one destination in mind. And it wasn't potions class, but the girls' bathroom.

Finally after crying my eyes and heart out, my tears dried, but only because my tear ducts couldn't possibly make anymore at this moment in time. Sniffling and rubbing at my eyes, I stood from the floor. I turned the knob on one of the sinks and cupped my hands under the cold, flowing water. Having collected a good amount, I splashed the water on my face, hoping to make it look more lively and like I haven't been crying for the past hour. I looked into the mirror and I still looked like shit, but the water had brought a welcomed and satisfying calm.

I almost even let out a laugh, the situation was almost funny. I never skipped class, yet I skipped for some guy. More specifically, to cry over some guy. Who was this person that was staring back at me in the mirror? The real (Y/n) (L/n) would never let something like this get to her. But maybe, this once, she did, because the guy she had her eye on had made a joke of the situation. Maybe, just maybe, (Y/n) (L/n) felt a whole lot more and was a whole lot more sensitive then she let on. More than she had let herself believe, because she believed it made her weak. And you can't afford being weak in this cruel world.

With a sad sigh I stopped hunching over the sink and turned off the running water. Gazing back into the mirror, I gave my confidence a boost and managed a weak smile. Even if Sirius doesn't have the same feelings I'm not going to let that get in the way of my friendship with him and the rest of the Marauders. I exited the bathroom, the Great Hall in mind, but was surprised to see Lily standing outside of the door. "Oh, I'm sorry, I'll get out of your way." I apologized and stepped to the side. "No need to apologize, you weren't in the way, I had come looking for you." Lily said. "Oh?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.