Chapter 1

If you are a new reader, please skip ahead to the most recent update. It has some important information (there are no spoilers).

~-~-~-~

Dear Veronica,

I wont be coming home for a while. The CDC wants me to stay and continue. You know me, I love my job and I will do anything to keep it. Remember that medicine I gave you? Well you might want to make sure you dont lose it. There is a zombie virus going around in other CDCs. All you have to do is inject it into your arm. If there is an outbreak go into the basement or up into the treehouse, grab your weapons and supplies. Also, dont forget your walkie talkie so we can try to communicate.
Love,
Your father, Dr. Jenner

-----------

That was the last letter I recieved from my father before the dead started walking. More than 75% of the population is gone.

The medicine that my father left behind was the one I injected into my skin. At the time I didn't know what it did, but on the bottle it read 'EMERGENCY', and with what's going on, I think this is an emergency.

I decided that the treehouse was safer than the basement, because I would've been trapped. Even if I took the medicine which keeps me safe, I'm still terrified of what might happen. Knowing that there are people who take advantage of world crises makes me worry more. I am running low on food so I decide to go on a run. There is a shopping center down the road that I always go to. I grab my bow and knife and get ready to go.

---------

I know, I know horrible spot to end. If you have any suggestions throughout the story please comment so I can go through and fix them

{EDITED}