Chapter Nineteen

9/29/17

~*~
Friday

(7:50 A.M)

I could only stare. "Your... your family?"

"The grandmother that he talks about, she adopted my mom when she was young."

"She... what?" The information made my head spin. Ursa was adopted?

"It's sort of her thing. Our family is a mix match of all sorts of different people. Including Link."

"So him and his sister... they are adopted?"

Urbosa nodded. "So trust me when I tell you this, Zelda. Link is someone you can trust. And my extended family are people who wouldn't back down about your situation if it... got out of hand."

My doorbell rang, and I lurched so fast back in my seat that I nearly toppled it.

Urbosa chuckled, but her voice was serious. "Don't worry about it. We will figure it out. Just... see how it goes. Take it a day at a time. I'll see you there tomorrow."

I swallowed as the screen went black. Then I dropped from the chair and was crouched there for a moment as I forgot that I was supposed to answer the door myself.

I ran to it and looked through the little window.

My nails went white from how tightly I clutched at the handle. "Hey," I said a little breathlessly as I opened the door.

"Hey," Link replied. Then after a moment he chuckled, "Am I allowed in?"

I realized I had barely cracked open the door, and I stepped back quickly to let him inside. "Sorry..." I mumbled. "I uh... was about to eat breakfast."

Link smiled and then scoped out my apartment. "I see you still haven't unpacked."

I shrugged. "My reasoning still stands. I don't want to have to pack it up again."

"Do you even need all the stuff in the boxes then?"

"I suppose not," I replied. "But my parents would throw a fit if I tried to sell or trash any of it."

"How would they know?"

"They would find out somehow."

Link shook his head. "Sounds homey."

"Oh, very." I walked back to the counter and took the leftovers from the microwave. It was difficult, knowing he was there and probably watching me. Or judging the state of my apartment.

When I got up to take my plate to the sink I looked over at him.

He was smiling again, which made me nervous.

Just with the knowledge that Urbosa knew him... Was related to him...

Urbosa knew Link and she hadn't told me. She'd let me make my own judgments on him.

"Are you ready to go then?"

I nodded. "Let me quick check I didn't forget anything." I walked into my room and shut the door behind me.