Back in town// The onyx moon ball.

"Noah you don't need to smile at every stranger on the streets." Asher stated as we walked hand in hand. I had a little bit more Christmas shopping to do before I picked up the kids at my moms later, and I forced him to come with me.

I flashed a smile at a man and he glared at me, I scoffed, "Well excuse me for being a kind human being for once in my life."

The man let out a low growl and stepped towards me, Asher instantly stepped in front of me and gave the man a warning glare. He looked me up and down before spitting on the ground besides me and continuing on.

"You like to get you cute little ass in any danger, don't you?" Asher grumbled and wrapped a protective arm over me. We didn't talk about last night, or even try and figure out what to do

"Obviously." I rolled my eyes as we entered the store. I know they didn't need anymore toys but I do actually need to get them some more clothes for when I enroll them in pre-school...I'll probably end up getting them more toys though. "Okay. Grab a cart." I said to Asher. With a straight face, he grabbed the cart, then used his foot to kick him down the isle while he rode on the cart.

My eyes widened and I instantly went to run after him, which resulted in me knocking over a tower of items. I struggled to put them back in place and my hand flew back, hitting someone in the face. I looked up and saw a security guard. I panicked.

"Hey!" The man shouted and I got up and instantly ran away. He trailed behind me as I ran from him. "Get back here!"

I went to go straight but an arm reached out and pulled me into an isle of boys clothes. Asher stood in front of me and pretended to be looking at clothes.

"Where'd she go?" He asked Asher. Asher held out his arm, sending him in the opposite direction. I heard his feet pound against the ground and slowly fade away. Asher turned to look at me with an incredulous look.

"What did you do?"

I gave him a smile and a nervous giggle. He rolled his eyes before cupping my face and placing a gentle kiss upon my lips. "What was that for?" I asked him and he shrugged before pressing a harder, more aggressive kiss on my lips.

"Hey! He's in on it too!" The security guard yelled and we looked up to see him with four police officers. "She's the one who tried to steal then ran away after slapping me!"

My mouth gaped, Asher's did too as the police officers dragged us away and tossed us in the store cell after Asher and I each called someone, "This is insane! I dropped something then picked it up and accidentally whacked him!" I said with wide eyes and Asher snorted, "It's not funny! What if we're sent to jail for life!"

Asher couldn't contain his laughter, he had to sit down on the metal bench as he fell over laughing. I huffed and placed my hands on the bar, squishing my face through the bars.

I stayed there until is saw Jude, Taylor and Cole walked in.

"We bailed you out." Taylor rolled her eyes at Asher.

The guard let Asher and I out, "Freedom." I moaned and held my arms open. "Thank God."

"What even happened?" Jude asked me with a twinkle of amusement.

"I fell. Knocked something over and lifted it back up but his the store security in the face then he chased me and put us in here." I crossed my arms with a pout which resulted in Asher breaking out into another laughing fit. I whipped my head around and glared just as my phone began to ring.

"Hello?" I answered as Asher gathered his things from the bucket they had us toss it in.

"Hello, Ms. Carson." A British voice said cheerfully, "I'm calling in regards to your performance at Remington High this weekend."

My face dropped, "The fundraiser."

"Yes! You see, there's been a...switch in locations. The board has swapped countries and are now stationed in New York City..Will you be able to get there? We can pay for room and board but you're our main artist. You're the reason they're all going."

I rubbed my forehead then squeezed the bridge of my nose, "Is Christian being flown out? I'm here to visit my family."

"Oh! Yes, he's flying out tonight actually and will arrive by seven AM tomorrow."

"Okay, yeah, just email me the address and I'll make sure the boys and I are there." I caved and she let out a breath of relief.

I'd promised my son's teacher who also happened to be one of my good friends, that I'd sing with Christian at this fundraiser. "Perfect! You're singing three songs, correct?"

"Yes." I nodded and she let out a breath.

"Have a lovely night, Ms. Carson." She said and hung up the phone.

"You look annoyed." Cole pointed out to me and everyone looked at me.

I nodded and began dialing Christians number as I spoke to them, "I am. I have to go get a ball gown, two suits for the boys, and one for Chris. You're all coming."

"Where?" Jude asked what they were all thinking.

I let out a shaky breath, "The onyx moon ball."

Taylor's jaw dropped but no one else seemed to know what it was, "Onyx moon as in the worlds most prestigious ball that only the most important people on earth get invited to?"

"Yes. Want to come get a gown with me?" I asked and she nodded urgently, "You guys need to get suits so you're coming to." I said and instantly they all followed behind me.

"Can Axel come?" Cole asked and I nodded and pressed my phone against my ear.

"What- 'ello? Noah?" Christian asked me and I cackled internally at the way he said hello.

"What songs did we decide again?" I asked hurriedly.

"Oh- uh, bad at love, Devil in me, and Rockabye." He yawned. "Shit I have to get up."

"Okay, thanks. See you tomorrow?" I said and he mumbled a 'yes' before I hung up the phone.

I began to hum the songs, making sure I remembered all the lyrics as we walked into a store to buy the guys suits. This is going to take forever.