Chapter 22: Struggles

TZUYU POV:

We kept on driving going anywhere really. None of us were really sure what to do. We were all in okay-ish moods until...

We started to drive by a small city, a very small village. Except, there was an eerie silence and a red tint all over... Humans and Vampires alike were slaughtered along the streets. There was blood stains on the buildings and people whose faces were frozen in terrified screams. Eyes still wide open as if they were paralyzed in time, not dead.

The car stopped and we slowly got out looking at the horror before us. Mina, Momo and Sana got out and were silenced as if they had been exposed to sights similar to this.

My sisters and I... We were a different story, we walked around looking and the people, the blood, the twitching some bodies did.

Then the screams.. Oh god the screams. From a single house we heard a young girl, begging for mercy, screaming for help.

I wanted to rush to the house, and so did my siblings, but we were held back.

"Let go of me!" I begged, tears streaming from my face. I didn't know the impact this place had on me.

"TZUYU! It's too late!" I heard Sana say holding me back.

"Please, no... We can save her!" I said, weakening.

This was all my fault. I'm supposed to stop this war. It wasn't supposed to end like this. No! No! No! I wasn't supposed to see this terror, I could have helped all these people.

Sana pulled me back and simply hugged me. I, despite being taller, buried my head into her shoulder crying as I heard the last scream of the girl. I couldn't understand who could let this happen. I simply couldn't.

"Guys! Get back in the car!" We heard Jeongyeon shout.

Sana had to drag me back into the seat and pin me down as we zoomed off once again. I couldn't believe my eyes. That was terror. That was inhumane. That was monstrous.

"Tzuyu?" Sana said quietly.

"Why did you..." I said in an ecen quieter voice.

"It was too late Tzuyu, you don't understand." Sana said.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT WAS TOO LATE?! THAT GIRL WAS SCREAMING! BEGGING FOR HELP!!" I screamed, angry beyond belief.

"You really think that's how it works?" Sana said, grimily.

I looked at her confused.

"Tzuyu you've never killed a vampire before..." Sana said, "I have."

I couldn't reply to that. There was something deeper Sana was going to say.

"Those things she was screaming... Tzuyu those weren't crys for help. Those were what a vampire says when they go insane from human blood. They scream and beg for mercy from themselves. They do that as they kill themselves. If you went in there, you would have died too." Sana said.

"I'm not sure if that's so bad at this point..." I mumbled...

"What?" Sana said, as if she had heard me, but felt as if she heard me wrong.

"I mean death doesn't sound too bad right now." I said, scoffing, "I went to one day of school and suddenly my life went on a huge spiral downhill. It hasn't gone up either."

"Excuse me?!" Sana exclaimed in horror.

"Think about it! WHAT'S LEFT FOR ME HERE? I heard my own kind die. I saw literal pools and rivers of blood flowing up and down and side to side." I said, anger bubbling, "I do not care if you seen death like that! You were trained to kill, you were trained to create images like that. You obviously aren't fazed."