Part Nineteen

A/N: Can I get a FINALLY? Yeesh, someone needs to slap me :p Not really, that would make me sad :( haha xD So, I was originally going to dedicate this to "My amazing, loyal, patient, awesome fans that are still reading this even though I'm slow" BUT a promise is a promise, and a new Lucky Number has been reached! Congrats lucky #28 xD This is for you! Another authors note at the end, it's important :)

- - -

Part Nineteen

Link's first attempt at the door didn't even budge it. The second, it only moved forward about a half inch, the wood squealing noisily as it scraped against the stone. He thought the door must've been a little too big for the frame. His third attempt, he went at it with his shoulder, and the door came loose sending him stumbling into the room, barely able to catch himself as he nearly went over the edge of the platform.

The room itself was nearly empty, only three small platforms that were barely big enough to stand on.

There was one where he stood, another at the door on the wall directly across from the one he stood in front of, and a third in the center of the room. The one in he center also had four columns on its corners, holding a slab of stone above the platform.

All three platforms were too far away from the others to jump across, and the lower level was too deep to be able to climb back up onto the higher one. The third was completely isolated from the other two.

The platforms by the doors, however, were connected by a small stone ledge, jutting maybe two inches out from the wall. It spanned half-way around the room, starting from his left. As an aid, a thick rope was strung loosely around the room feet above the ledge.

This looks too easy. The wisp stated. There's got to be some catch.

Link only nodded in agreement as his eyes scanned the room for something out of place. He couldn't find anything.

It looks like you'll just have to try to get across, but something still doesn't feel right. Just be on your guard.

Link nodded as he turned and took a step towards where the ledge and rope were. Steadily, he reached across the void space and took hold of the thick rope in his gloved hand.

He then brought one foot over, tested the ledge with his weight, and then his other hand, and other foot. Easy enough.

He stood on his toes, his hands on the rope holding most of his weight. His arm muscles were strained slightly, but it wasn't very difficult to hold himself up.

His first few steps were cautious as he sidled against the wall, and then grew in confidence as he continued on. He made it to the first corner of the room without conflict. The next wall was slightly rounded, but it wasn't so drastic that it would make it increasingly difficult. He had to round the corner carefully, but he managed it without much difficulty.

The first one or two steps he took were as easy as the first few. Everything was quiet except for the shuffling of his feet on the stone, and he was lucky it was, or else he would have been skewered within the next six seconds.

He took a step.

There was a pause.

He heard a light whir.

He heard a click.

His body tensed.

Within the next second he saw pointy silver tips jut out from the wall aimed right for the center of his body. He released the rope with one hand and kicked off the wall, sending half his body through the air over the dark matter. The spikes lashed out with just enough time for him to move completely out of the way, and then retreated just as his body swung back into his original position.