t h i r t y - s e v e n

Don's Point of View:

I can't sleep and it bothers me alot.

I finally have her back for the price I don't want to pay.

The moment I had recieved the news from Dax, I straightaway left the mansion with a profound determination to rescue her. My father, Des finally admitted his linkage to Trinity's abduction. I knew all along it was him and since I have now the leverage to manipulate things into my advantage, Des, out of desperation, begrudgingly made an agreement I can't refuse.

And I accepted the agreement. Why? Why not? This is my mission ever since Trinity was abducted. I moved mountains just to achieve this moment so why would I refuse the offer that will accomplished my goal?

I exhale deeply and caress the sleeping face of the person that made me do all of this. She shivers by my touch, my eyes dripping with lust just by looking at her naked body covered by the sheets. I made love to her whole night as we tried to compensate all the time we were apart. It wasn't the same as before but I still enjoyed it, the unexplainable change must be because we were trying to learn and adjust to each other again.

I admit last night was more more like fuc.king. Trinity was unsatiable and different, like she was using me to satiate her needs. She told me she missed me so badly and the feeling was mutual but I missed more of her presence than the fucki.ng. She acted odd and strange, harsh and greedy in bed, so different from my old sweet and calm Trinity but I guess that is what three years of isolation can do – you crave colosally for what you've been missing that it turns you to a different person.

I find it really strange and unfamiliar having Trinity beside me in this bed again. Before, she was the only girl who shared my bed but it all changed after Lisa. I did all my deeds in a separate bed and never did I allowed any girl to sleep in my bed, until Lisa. I was so used to having her by my side as I sleep that the presence of her warm body can put me into a peaceful sleep.

Lisa. The thought of her pulls a string in my chest. I knew it was a mistake having her sleep in my room. An attachment was created that can get disastrous if I let it continue. I just hope everything will change since Trinity is back.

Trinity is back, I have nothing to worry anymore but why the hell can't I sleep?

Why after I got the only thing that I want, the girl that drove me to do all these things and the girl that is finally now resting around my arms, why do I have this nagging feeling that something is still not yet fulfilled?

I should be jumping with joy but why am I still wide awake in the middle of the night staring blankly at the ceiling, my thought still springing back to the girl who is probably sleeping at this hour in one of the servant's quarter?

Is it because of guilt? Probably. It should be guilt no other else. It will jeopardize all my plans if I start to care for her and I can't afford any failure. I sigh thinking about Lisa's future but I need to do this. If doing this to her will cement my success then I will do it without a blink.

She's just a pawn. I remind myself. But why does it bothers me too much? What's with this empty ache inside of me?

Oh damn! I need to get rid of her soon.

I sigh deeply. Tomorrow will be different. Tomorrow night, I'll get used to having Trinity by my side like I should be and tomorrow I can be able to sleep peacefully.

But to my dismay, the next night I was still in the same situation, wide awake, staring blankly at my ceiling, still thinking of the girl who is sleeping in one of the servant's quarter.