Chapter Thirty-Five: Mall ✓

Ria's POV

Lance dropped me off after that and I squint as I saw three heads peeping from the window. I wave goodbye to Lance and walked up to the porch, opening the door.

"H-Hello dearest sister," Randy stutters, smiling nervously. I smile sarcastically at him then roll my eyes.

"How was it, Hun?" Mom asks with a wide grin.

"Did he ask you out to prom?" Dad adds.

That's when it clicked.

They were all in this!

I scowled at them and stomped up to my room, slamming the door shut and groaning into my bed.

Why did they want me out of the house bad?

My curiosity ran short when I hear a soft knock on the door.

"Honey, can I please come in?" Mom calls out.

"Come in, mom."

The door creaks and shuts again. The bed next to me dips down and I feel someone caress my hair.

"Are you worrying about what to wear?" She asks.

"Well now that you've mentioned it, I guess that's a problem mum. Want to help me pick something out?" I look up at her and smile.

"I'll take a day off this weekend and we can fish out some outfits. It's only days until then." mom chirps.

I suddenly feel guilty at the time I've lost to hang out with my mom. She's busy at work and I'm busy with school and the boys. It's fun to go out some time, even though I don't like shopping, but it's for my own good anyway.

"It's settled then, Mom," I smile.

"Get some rest, we'll go out tomorrow. Your prom is on Friday, so you'll  have enough time to prepare yourself." mom kisses my forehead and tucks me in.

We only have a week until then. Until prom and until my birthday. I really want to know who the guy who kissed me was.

"Your classes are called off for the day right?" she asks before closing the door. I hum in reply.

They say that prom is one of the most memorable part of your life. Let's make it memorable. I'm not a fan of make-ups and hairsprays but it won't hurt to try once. 

I yawn as the tiredness engulfed me.

-•-*-•-

"How about this, Ria?" my mom calls me and shows me two dresses. One was a red halter dress and the other was a purple 1-shoulder dress. All the dresses that my mom picked were really nice but none of them called out to me. I shake my head. 

My mom sighs. We roamed around a bit more, even dragging me to Always 20+.

I sighed, clearly giving up. 

"Mom can we go eat first?" I whine.

"Sure, where?" she looks at me. 

"Anywhere with fries and Oreos," I grin. She laughs at me but we still went to go eat. 

Where? McDonalds.

"How about we go to a tailor and let her find a dress for you?" mom suggests. "Any ideas on how you want it to look like?" she asks. 

"I don't know. Surprise me, I guess." I smile, finishing my fries. 

"Okay then," she shrugs, standing up.

"Are we going now?" I look up and follow after her. 

"Yes!" 

And with that, we made our way to the place. 

-•-*-•-

"Casa de Estilo," I read out loud. Spanish? 

"Hailey!" I hear someone shout. I look at the person and suddenly recognize her. 

"Aunt Em? You run this place?" I smile, hugging her. 

"Ria, you look lovely. I wish I could've had a daughter like you," she smiles sadly. We had news that she couldn't have babies, it's a good thing uncle John was there for her. 

"I'm guessing you need a prom dress?" she asks, I nod in reply. "Come in."

She takes all my measurements and talk with my mom at the same time. 

"I think I have the perfect dress for you."

"Can I see it right before prom?" I request, grinning.

"Are you sure, Ria?" mom confirms. 

"Yep," I pop the p. 

"Alright then." Aunt smiles at me. 

"I guess I'll see you next week, Emily!" mom tells her before we left. 

-•-*-•-

"Did anyone ask you out to prom yet?" Cole asks. 

I turn to look at my brother as I answer. "Yeah?"

"Who?" Brian asks almost immediately. 

"Let me surprise you," I laugh. "Anyways, are you guys prepared for prom?" 

"Yeah, I'm going with Ivy," Julian announces. 

"Eww, female dog germs." I pretend to gag. 

"She asked me so why not? I can just ditch her when I want to. How about you Randy, is Tessa coming with you?"

"Of course she is! She can't miss seeing me in a tux, and I can't miss seeing her in a sexy dress," my brother smirks. I roll my eyes, he's such a pervert. 

"Who are you two taking?" I ask Brian and Cole. 

"I'm a lone wolf," Cole grins. 

"Abby." Brian bluntly replies and stands up. 

"Since when did you like her to be your company?" I ask.

"Since when do you care about my choices?" he scoffs back as he left. 

"What's up with him?" Randy knitted his eyebrows in confusion.

We all shrug and finished up. 

-•-*-•-

It's Friday. 

It's Prom. 

I'm not ready yet. 

It was too fast. 

"Ria, let's go. We still need to fetch your dress after this." mom calls out. 

"Okay, I'll be right down." I call back, running down the stairs. 

We went to the stylist my mom told me about. I begged them not to exaggerate on the make up and hairspray. 

As I said before I told them to make me feel like myself and to surprise me. Aunt Em was also here to help and she wouldn't stop wishing me a happy birthday.

The chair turned around and I turned to look at myself. It was still me but it felt more elegant. I had light make-up and my hair was down with a braid. 

"You look so beautiful!" they all smile at me. 

"Now let's go get that dress." I smile. 

Aunt Em brought it to the stylist's place and had it on a mannequin. I gasp as I walked to it, holding the cream fabric, it was beautiful. I smile at it and thanked my aunt. 

It was a cream dress that had an open middle, exposing my legs. It was paired with skin colored high heels, not too high fortunately. Mom and aunt helped me in it so that my make-up and hair didn't get ruined. As I looked at the mirror again, I smoothed down the dress. 

Let's rock this prom!