Ch.11: The Surgery

Signe picks her head up from her arms, feeling a blanket wrapped around her. She opens her eyes, seeing Jack still asleep. She looks down at the bed and grips Jack's hand.

"Signe?" Someone asks. Signe looks behind her seeing Mariza asleep on Felix's shoulder and Felix's arm resting around her. Signe smiles.

"Hey." Signe said softly. Felix gives her a small smile.

"Hey, how you doing?" Felix whispers.

"I'm alright." She said quietly. She looks back at Jack, resting her head on her arms. Felix stares at Signe, he bites down on his bottom lip. He feels Mariza's arms go around his center as she moves slightly. Felix smiles a little and kisses her head. He rests his head on hers.

Signe woke up feeling a hand clasping hers. She opens her eyes, tears forming in them and looking at Jack.

"Sean?" She asks standing up from her chair. Jack turns his head, meeting Signe's eyes. "O my god, don't scare me like that ever again!" She quickly engulfs him into a tight hug. Jack smiles a little and puts an arm around her. Felix wakes up and looks at them.

"Jack?" He asks. Jack looks over at Felix. Felix smiles. "Jesus man, you scared the sh*t out of everyone." Jack smiles a little and looks down at Signe. Jack groans when she touches his stomach and she quickly gets off, sitting on the bed beside him.

"I'm sorry! I forget you had surgery." She said. Jack moves the hospital gown and seeings gaze wrapped around his stomach. Jack coughs a few times and groan, Signe covers back up Jack's stomach, than the door opens. Signe looks over at them. "Mark! Jack is awake!" Mark looks over at Jack. Jack looks at him. But the doctor came in and asked for everyone but Signe to wait outside in the hallway. The doctor and nurse does a checkup on Jack, make sure everything is working and unhook machines from Jack onces they know for sure. Jack rests his head on Signe's shoulder who is laying beside him. Jack closes his eyes, Signe looks at him.

"He'll be in some pain for a next few days you two live in Ireland?" The doctor asks. Signe nods, grasping Jack's hand.

"Yes. Yes, we do. Can he take traveling or would that be too much on him?" Signe asks. The doctor shakes his head.

"No. No. He'll just be either in a lot of pain or very tired. He is still recovering from a major surgery. I'll give you everything you need for you doctor in Ireland." The doctor said. Signe smiles.

"Thank you so much." She said. The doctor smiles a little.

"No problem. Just tell your boyfriend to not get into any fights till he is probably healed." The doctor said. Signe nods and the doctor and nurse leave. Signe look at Jack. She kisses his forehead, the others come in.

"We're going back home, we I can take care of him." She said. Mark goes beside her.

"Alone? But what if something happens? What if Anti decides to control him?" Mark asks. Signe looks at him, noticing that Mark looks really worried.

"Felix said he would help." Signe said. Mark stares at her.

"But...But Signe--" Signe looks back at Jack, holding his hand.

"I trust Felix. I...Mark I know you mean well, but I can't drag Sean across the United States after just having a major surgery. I'm taking him home, and we are leaving this week." Signe said. Amy touches Mark's arm.

"Signe--" Signe looks at Mark.

"I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, I just want to protect Sean." Signe said.

"Than how about they come with us?" Felix asks. Everyone looks at Felix. Felix motions to Jack who is still asleep. "I mean, do any of us really have a clue on how to help him? It is better if we are all together than apart during this."

"Felix makes sense....that's weird to say." Mark said. Signe feels Jack move. She looks at him. Her hand moves his hair from his eyes as they open.

"Sean, hun, we gonna go back to Ireland and the others are coming with, okay?" She asks him. Jack's eyes close and he doesn't respond. Signe's thumb caresses his cheek as she stares at him. She looks at the others. "Alright, you guys can come along, but we are leaving after Jack has been released from the hospital." They all nod agreeing.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
A Day Later
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Jack opens his eyes, feeling Signe shake him gently.

"Sean, time to go to the airport." She said. Jack doesn't move, he frankly feels too exhausted to move or even speak. Signe sits on the bed. "Come on, hun, I'll give you your pain medicine in an hour."

"O-Okay." Jack said weakly. Signe moves the blanket off him and helps him sit up. Jack groans and put his arm around his stomach. Jack rests his head on Signe's shoulder. Signe holds him there.

"Take your time, I woke us up early so you didn't need to rush yourself." Signe said. Jack sits at the edge of the bed. Signe walks over to Jack's bag and opens it up. "What do you want to wear?"

"Something comfy..I don't care." Jack said sleepy. Signe grabs Jack's blackshirt and comes over to him. She sets it on the bed and grabs Jack's shirt.

"Tell me when you're ready." She said.

"You don't need to..to baby me--"

"I have my instructions from the doctor of what you should and shouldn't do yet till your wound heals." Signe said. Signe pulls off Jack's shirt and puts on his sweatshirt on him. "Need to change your jeans or no?" Jack shakes his head.

"Not feeling like going through the struggle." Jack said softly. Signe walks to her bag.

"Don't look, I'm getting change." She said. Jack looks away, but can't help himself but steal a glance. "I saw that." Jack blushes and looks at the floor. Someone knocks on the door and Signe finishes getting dressed and walks over, she opens the door and it is Felix.

"Hey, Wade and Bob are sick." Felix said.

"Sick? They seemed fine yesterday." Signe said. Jack lays down on the bed, he closes his eyes, feeling a pounding in his head making his head hurt. He groans, slipping his arms around his stomach. "Sean." Jack opens his eyes, Signe puts her arms around him and helps him sit back up. Jack looks at Felix.

"Did they catch the PAX sickness?" Jack asks. Felix nods.

"Mark is fine and still coming though." Felix said. Felix walks inside and goes beside Jack. Jack puts his hand on his head, shaking his head slightly as his visions blurs. 'What is going on?' Jack thought. His vision clears and he sees a slight tint green cover his vision. Signe suddenly gasps and Felix moves Jack's hand. "Holy sh*t, your eyes." Jack meets Felix's eyes.

"What?" Jack asks. Felix and Signe watch Jack's eyes fade from green back to their original crystal blue color.

"They were green."