Chapter 33

Allen cradled Lilly on his lap on his office couch. She was slightly dozing, but stirred as he nuzzled his nose into her hair, "I love you Lilly."

Lilly's eyes slowly eased open as she turned to face him and signed, "I love you too."

His eyes were sad, "But, you won't marry me?"

Lilly pleaded with him, "I know you say you don't care about children, but you will desire a son soon to pass on the family business. I can't standby and watch someone else be your wife, and mother to your children."

"I'll give it up! You don't understand. I feel so dead without you. I have this hole that can't be filled until I see your sweet face." Allen had tears pulling in his eyes. "I'll do anything, just please don't leave me again."

Lilly was in shock with his response. She had never seen him so distraught. His pain was her pain. Lilly leaned up and kissed him on the cheek. He turned his head and pressed his lips to her as he held her.

As the couple eased out of the office, Allen caught Lilly's small wrist, "When can I see you again?"

Lilly was looking to make sure the coast was clear as she signed, "I don't know. Maybe tomorrow?"

Allen wrinkled his brow, " No. I want to see you tonight." I'm not asking this time."

Lilly blushed as she nodded.

Allen pulled her into a deep kiss and quickly released her. He looked back to her as he strutted away.

"Where have you been?" Marcus cocked his eyebrow.

Allen smirked, "Lilly was taking my photo."

"Sit down, we need to talk." Marcus had a look that was hard to read. "Luciano was found dead with his throat cut."

Allen could feel the blood draining from his face, "Who?" Why!?"

Marcus shook his head as he gazed out his window, "Don't mention this to Lilly. I found this in the back of my car yesterday."

Marcus gave Allen a yellow envelope, "His eyes widened as he pulled out a black and white photo of  him and Lilly dancing at Chloe's birthday party. Over Lilly's face were the words, "She's next." written in red marker.

"Why her?" Allen threw the picture on Marcus desk.

"I have a hunch, but I'm not 100 percent sure. Just keep a close eye on her for now."

"You have tell her about her father." Allen had concern on his eyes.

"He's not her father! I am." Marcus turned away and looked out the window.

"Father, you did right by her, but Luciano tried to locate her all of these years. He never gave up on her. She has a right to know. She is his only child." Allen placed his hand on his fathers shoulder.

"Let me talk to her mother. She will know how to tell her." Marcus kept his eyes focused out the window.

"Of course." Allen turned and left his father in his thoughts. It seemed Marcus's past was coming back to haunt them all.

Marcus smiled as he watched his wife and two daughters enter their car for a day of shopping. Vivian looked up to his window and blew him a kiss before she entered the car. Little did he know, that was the last time he would seen her alive.