Chapter 8

Quick recap of characters, since it's been a while: (lol, only a little while)
Kiara Spencer - main character
Alexander Anderson - main Alpha, Daniel's brother
Daniel Anderson - feared Alpha from my first book
Remington - Daniel's mate, pregnant woman trying to set Kiara up with Alex, main character from my last book
Alice and Lorenzo - Also Anderson siblings, Alice's mate is Garrett
Tahia - Lorenzo's mate
Willow and Bianca - girls who are fighting for Alexander's love and position of a Luna in his pack (Bianca is the bitchy one)
Maisy - Kiara's best friend back at home
Richard - Kiara's family friend, was best friends with her father before he died and he cared for her and her mum after his death. He's the man that took her to that poker game at the start.

Now the last scene from the last chapter:

"Even though it's not something I even wanted to consider previously, I would like to do what is best for my pack. And having someone by my side that they could look up to and rely on as much as they rely on me may be something they need." He explains.

I didn't agree with that; I didn't think a Luna was completely necessary for a pack the way their roles are assigned. She was often more important for the Alpha himself to keep him strong rather than for his pack; trust me, I'd know from how close I've been to Alpha authorities all my life. If Lunas could lead with the same or similar authority and power as the Alpha - that would make sense.

"And you think you're not enough?" I ask him.

"No," He looks down at me again, and I don't see even a wash of doubt spread over his face. "I'm fine alone, but I'm considering what may be beneficial for my people."

"Then you should do what you feel is best." I answer him, honestly.

He becomes more focused on my face again, and at this point I was dying to know what was going on in his mind. It was ironic since I won against him in our poker game - yet if we were to play again right now, I don't think I would be able to assume what his face was telling me.

"I guess I'll have to give Bianca and Willow a chance. Getting to know them would probably be a good idea." He mumbles. I was glad to not be a part of it.

"Have you spoken to them yet?" I ask, continuing this topic.

"A little." He says, making me have a feeling that the answer was really 'no', or minimally.

"Well that's what they're here for, right? For you to get to know them." I point out.

"I know," He makes me freeze by moving a strand of hair away from my face - also making me remember how close to me he is. "But we don't really have any common topics to talk about. That's why I like you, you and I have a lot in common." He finishes, now even closer to me than before.

Now enjoy the chapter :)

"But that's why you're here, right? Because we get along so well." I escape my trance, as he finally takes his arms from the sides of my body, giving me a small yet overly confident smile.

No, I'm here to kill your brother.

"I guess so." I agree, smiling back at his grin.

I must admit though, the more I spoke to him, the more guilty I felt about being here. Was I getting attached to him already? I definitely wasn't, but I did begin to see him as a friend even though I've only known him for such a short amount of time.