Leaving Wattpad

Hey guys. (please read through until the end, I've got some information for you.)

What's happening:

Yesterday I got an email that's pretty good news for me, but might not be such good news for you. About a month ago I filled out an application to become a writer on this app called Radish. Radish is a reading/writing app that's sort of like Wattpad, but instead of the books being free, readers instead have to purchase coins that go towards unlocking chapters in a book as they're uploaded. By using Radish, authors can generate revenue while still providing great content. 

How this affects my readers on Wattpad:

I know that I usually update at least one book a week, but updating on Wattpad is going to change quite a bit for me. On Radish I'm only allowed to cross-post my chapters on to other sites like Wattpad after they've been exclusively on Radish for more than twenty-eight days. So updates are going to change from being once a week to once a month. 

If you don't want to wait a whole twenty-eight days before being able to read each new update then the next best thing to do would be to download Radish. There are three different types of books on Radish: ones that are free, freemium, or free. My books are going to be freemium and that means that once I post a new chapter on Radish, you can only unlock it by paying with coins or you could wait seven days and after those seven days the chapter automatically unlocks for everyone. So if you don't want to pay then you can download the Radish app and wait seven days for my updates on there to read them for free. 

What happens to my books on Wattpad:

All of my books on here are going to be posted on Radish and all updates will be posted on there before being posted on here month months afterwards. I know, it sounds kind of confusing, but once you start to use the app you'll understand. 

Good news for you guys:

You know those books that I haven't updated for a long time. "The Bad Boy's Mascot," "Prom Bet With the Tomboy," etc. Well once I get all of my books transferred over to Radish I'm going to begin writing all of those again. It won't be right away, but I've been working hard and I've got a lot planned for this coming year. 

Anyhow, this isn't a "goodbye," it's more of a "see you every twenty eight days." I hope that none of you are super upset with me. I honestly wasn't expecting Radish to accept me as a writer. This is going to be a big step for me as a writer because I've never been paid to write before. And it's even cooler because not a lot of young authors have the chance to get paid for their works and I'm only sixteen. So this is a really awesome milestone for me and I'm super grateful to Radish for providing me with this opportunity. 

Lastly, this wasn't an easy decision to make. Moving from Wattpad to Radish is going to be a hard process for me. I love Wattpad, I'm coming up on my fourth years of using it. I'll still read on it and post every month. Wattpad has helped me to build a platform and I really want to thank all of you for being a part of it. Thank you for being readers because you're pretty awesome. Thank you loving my books and characters just as much as I do. 

If you have anything you want to say or ask me, feel free to comment, DM me, post on my wall, etc. I try my best to respond to comments, but I get floods of comments everyday so the best way to contact me would be to DM me on Wattpad. I'll always be able to respond to private messages, but I don't always get to see every single comment. 

I haven't posted my first book on Radish yet, but I will soon. I first have to get everything from all of my books on Wattpad posted on there. 

Radish account: 

@momo3625

I hope you guys keep reading my books, it means a lot to me that so many of you love my books and I hope you continue to follow me on my journey. Have an awesome day guys!!

Personal Instagram: lilchocolatedonut

Book Instagram: lil_chocolate_donut

Snapchat: momo36235

Vote

Comment

Follow

Fan