06

June 3, 1987 

R.

"You look so hot, Richie." I said, watching my reflection in the bathroom mirror. 

"What's that, handsome? I couldn't hear you over my heart beat."

"Oh stop it," I clutched my chest.

"I'm sorry, Richie. I just can't help myself when you're around." 

"Wow, baby. I had no idea you felt this way." I was taken aback when I heard a loud thud coming from outside. I frowned, walking out of the bathroom then outside, peeking around the corner to see what was going on. 

 "Can somebody help me, please?"  I recognized his high-pitched voice immediately. I saw Eddie on the ground, at the edge of tears with Henry Bowers towering over him. I was about to go back inside when he recognized me. 

"Richie? Richie! Help me, please!" He begged, and I felt myself pull back, wanting nothing more than to go back inside. 

"Nobody's here to help you, everyone went back to their cabins, isn't that right?" Henry looked straight into my eyes now. I stared back, seriously considering an escape. 

"See? We're all alone." Henry smirked, kicking Eddie who cried out. Fuck. I knew I had to help him now or my guild would come for me. Not to mention he'd be sleeping across the room from me for the rest of the summer. I groaned, and moved to stand behind Henry.

"Hey asshole," I yelled, clutching my fists. I glanced down at Eddie, then back at Henry who looked livid. 

"Leave him alone." I threw all my weight on Henry, trying to push him against the wall. I fell to the ground. What the fuck. I bounced right off of him. 

"Now isn't that sweet." Henry snarled. "Your boyfriend came to save you." 

I looked over at Eddie who was next to me on the ground now. I rolled my eyes and for a second, I swear he smiled. I didn't see the point in defending my case at the boyfriend comment only because Henry's dumb ass wouldn't listen either way.

"Hey!" Get away from them!" I heard another voice now. I looked up to see Beverly Marsh running towards us with Elle Byers. 

"What are you gonna do, princess?" Henry laughed. 

Beverly reached down, grabbing a large rock. "Want to find out?" 

Henry just scoffed, turning towards Eddie and I only to spit in our direction. I wiped my face, dramatically. 

"This isn't over, losers." He said before walking passed the girls and into the distance. 

Beverly came over and helped Eddie off the floor. I rolled my eyes, what am I? Chopped liver?

"Oh my God! Are you okay?" She asked, brushing the dirt off his back with her hand. He nodded frantically. 

"Yeah, Richie saved me." He said, looking at me. "Thank you."

"Yeah, you're welcome." I shrugged, trying to avoid making it sentimental. This didn't mean I like him now. And it certainly didn't make us friends. 

  ➳ ➳ ➳ 

ayee I really like this noah fence. I mean cringe i like my own story but yeah they're cute. 

-weirdox 

9/15/17 @ 11:44 PM